What are you cooking today?

4,040 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2020, 1:14:04, Metall said:

I'm a 1 million Scoville gal!

My colleagues at work tried to prank me by challenging me to put Dave's Insanity Sauce on pizza (180,000 Scoville units)... "yeah, the new gal's gonna suffer"...

I knew the sauce. Laid a line on the pizza, ate it, asked for more.

They didn't prank me anymore after that.

(Thanks for listening.)...

I have some Pain 100%, which is really stinking hot and easy to acquire at Edeka, etc.

There's also Honest Ron's Hot Sauce, which is made in Munich by a friend of mine.  It's not insanely hot, but it is very tasty.  Look it up on the google if you want to buy direct.

Found a small  filet steak in freezer. So, stir fried steak strips, sliced peppers, chilies , garlic, onions,  , , a splash of sherry, stock, seasoning, ( chili, curry, pepper, ginger). And a good reason to use the glass noodles I found! Side salad.

Ice cream for afters with some of the frozen berries.

52 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Found a small  filet steak in freezer. So, stir fried steak strips, sliced peppers, chilies , garlic, onions,  , , a splash of sherry, stock, seasoning, ( chili, curry, pepper, ginger). And a good reason to use the glass noodles I found! Side salad.

Ice cream for afters with some of the frozen berries.

Sounds a lot like the Chinese recipe for "Sand Rindfleisch" that I have got here. Good choice!

On May 24, 2020 at 10:33:05 AM, HEM said:

Do you offer take-aways?

Sorry! That would take the fun out of cooking! 

Sorry, Red! I don‘t care if it would take the fun out of your cooking! If I can reactivate my old fax machine, please fax through a plateful of your last meal!😫🙏🏻

On 20/5/2020 1:24:53, Felix Gebert said:

Tonight something easy and yummy - Mini Burger.

what you need is just some burger meat, I prefer veal. some salt an pepper and I love to garnish it with a bit of fried onions, hot peperonis, some tomatoes as well. But just look at the picture and be creative. Also added some avocado. Simply jummy and super healthy ;-)  ahh and almost forgot, I put hummus at the mini burger buns and dont forget to put the buns in the toaster before.

IMG_3155 (384 x 512)g.gif

what you need is just some burger meat, I prefer veal. some salt an pepper and I love to garnish it with a bit of fried onions, hot peperonis, some tomatoes as well. But just look at the picture and be creative. Also added some avocado. Simply jummy and super healthy ;-)  ahh and almost forgot, I put hummus at the mini burger buns and dont forget to put the buns in the toaster before.

On 20/5/2020 1:24:53, Felix Gebert said:

IMG_3155 (384 x 512)g.gif

what you need is just some burger meat, I prefer veal. some salt an pepper and I love to garnish it with a bit of fried onions, hot peperonis, some tomatoes as well. But just look at the picture and be creative. Also added some avocado. Simply jummy and super healthy ;-)  ahh and almost forgot, I put hummus at the mini burger buns and dont forget to put the buns in the toaster before.##

at Lidl I bought theses Amazing Coconuts, super easy to open...

IMG_2737 (450 x 600).jpg

I don't believe you can open them easily. I watch Born Survivor with Bear Grylls :). Could you post a Youtube then? And what do you do with so many anyway?

On May 26, 2020 at 2:54:29 PM, john g. said:

Sorry, Red! I don‘t care if it would take the fun out of your cooking! If I can reactivate my old fax machine, please fax through a plateful of your last meal!😫🙏🏻

Made a mess of the fax machine!

I grilled for lunch, and since the charcoals  were still burning when I was done, I grilled some eggplants and zucchinnis that we had 

and made a huge Moussaka with grilled (instead of pan fried) vegetables. (Somewhat) healthier and also tastier. Wife and both kids loved it:

IMG_20200529_140230.jpg.2318ccdc0be287e4

I have started doing the same when grilling, but for aubergine dip, and it has been super tasty. The moussaka idea is fab. Next time!

I also put a couple of banana bread loaves in right at the end, since that is how I pay the household slaves these days....

A German-Latin fusion sandwich ;) :

- Tortillas freshly puffed up in a hot stainless pan without oil

- German Mettwurst (finely minced raw pork) mixed with chopped green onions, salt, pepper, sliced habaneros.

Roll the minced meat into burritos or eat lazily with a fork and torn strips of tortilla. Surprisingly tasty.

If you guys are bored of cooking...after sooooo much time not visiting your favorite restaurant...just treat yourself with an amazing German product ;-) You know by the way what HARIBO stands for? It's the name of the Owner and the city the company is from: HAns RIegel BOnn 

nocooking (249 x 268).jpg

On 1/6/2020 14:32:43, RedMidge said:

I cooked chicken thighs yesterday - in tomato paprika marinade. Today- leftovers with coleslaw.

Salad time !

foto and recipe plise

On 29/5/2020 19:49:57, kiplette said:

I have started doing the same when grilling, but for aubergine dip, and it has been super tasty. The moussaka idea is fab. Next time!

I also put a couple of banana bread loaves in right at the end, since that is how I pay the household slaves these days...

aubergine is amazing, share the recipee with us

Jokes aside, now muy favorite dish for the summer: TUNA TARTAR

What you need:

chivesn = schnittlauch

Salt

olive oil

Siracha sauce (hot sauce you get in an asian store) - very important ingredient - it's the secret

red onion

lime (green)

aioli creme

Sesame seeds

avocado

cut tuna in small pieces, put chives, salt, olive oil, lime and a bit siracha sauce together, Do not marinate the atun

Put avoacate atun and sauce together as last step. you can also leave avocado out and ont put it together with th sauce.

semsame seeds for decoration and aioli creme you can put on top.

Just delicious

On June 1, 2020 at 8:32:43 AM, RedMidge said:

I cooked chicken thighs yesterday - in tomato paprika marinade. Today- leftovers with coleslaw.

Salad time !

Mix some oil, paprika, touch of cayenne, garlic, used some  roasted bottled tomatoes, coat chicken thighs with this mixture, and marinade overnight. Then place chicken and marinade in a dish,  sprinkle with fresh chopped tarragon, cover with foil, bake for about 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. Temp- 350 F / 180 C.

Coleslaw- usual recipe- grated cabbage, carrots, finely chopped red peppers, shallots. Mayo of choice, season with pepper, and add some lemon or lime juice.