What are you cooking today?

3,772 posts in this topic

Have some dried fruit left over from Yule tide, so soaked them overnight in orange juice and some sherry, plus  pepper, curry powder, cinnamon.  Today- drained fruit, kept juice.  Take a pork tenderloin ( or 2!), make a long pocket in meat, stuff fruit inside and close with  metal or wooden picks.  Secure the pork with string if needed.  Sauté quickly and then  wrap in foil with remaining juices and cook in oven  for about 30 minutes.   Let stand for about 10 minutes,  use juices to make a bit of side gravy- as desired. Slice, and serve with potatoes of choice- I like the little ones, boiled then sautéed with onions. Fresh peas are nice.

Nothing! We ended up in town..the Greek place looked a bit run down from the outside but inside...very clean, friendly and the best garlic bread ever! We shall return!!

:P

IMG_2870.jpg

Oh God.  Just a warning.  I am into lots of vegan stuff, mostly home made.  But picked up some Aldi Jackfruit fritters out of curiosty.  Have eaten Jackfruit in the East.  But it is a travesty that they are importing Jackfruit and making it so unpleasant to eat.  Ate it of course because do not throwing stuff out, but it was  a cloying paste well over seasoned with cumin.   

So, my wife and I tend not to brave the restaurants on Valentine's Day, leaving that to couples who have more to prove or prefer not to cook. Y'all know I love to cook. So, I am making a mushroom and sage risotto and I wanted to pair it with a chili-lime cucumber salad. The problem is that my wife does not like hot chili. I can go with a sweet chili, but does anyone think a smoked paprika would be better? It was just a thought.

6 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

my wife does not like hot chili.

I believe that is grounds for divorce. :D

Smoked paprika sounds better to me.

Here is how we are celebrating Valentine’s Day!

I am working and Nicole is out shopping😂

Perfect!

I’d rather scan through a couple of hundred pages to my tax consultant in Hamburg than visit 4 shoe shops!

Call us old-fashioned if you wish!

😜

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

So, my wife and I tend not to brave the restaurants on Valentine's Day, leaving that to couples who have more to prove or prefer not to cook. Y'all know I love to cook. So, I am making a mushroom and sage risotto and I wanted to pair it with a chili-lime cucumber salad. The problem is that my wife does not like hot chili. I can go with a sweet chili, but does anyone think a smoked paprika would be better? It was just a thought.

In a village not far from here, there is a restaurant owner who offers “ hot chicken curry “.

That means a few chopped up pieces of paprika on the chicken!😂

They don’t do spicy food here-grrrrr!

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

In a village not far from here, there is a restaurant owner who offers “ hot chicken curry “.

That will be "hot" as in "not cold".  Still fits the Trades Descriptions Act.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

So, I had better not mention my Chicken Tikka Masala, with Poppadoms and mango Chutney. ( Thanks Karstadt!)