What are you cooking today?

4,060 posts in this topic

We had mushroom and chestnut in red wine, , like the venison casserole I do but ohne Bambi.   Really good.  Mashed potatoes and sprouts.

On 24. Januar 2020 um 19:28:25, HEM said:

The wife says its one of her favourite meals.

The secret message means you should cook more often :).

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

wildschweingulasch.  Almost done.  Hungry.

Did you pour some red wine in it?

9 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Did you pour some red wine in it?

I often do, but not this time.  It's better with, but I added some mustard and currant jam for balance.  Worked nicely to add some acidity.

12 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

The secret message means you should cook more often :).

I cook the evening meal about 50% of the time...  Or maybe even more often.

We made Korean dumplings for Chinese New Year! Great fun rolling the dough and wrapping up the stuffing.

They then were boiled and served in soup. Yum.

@Sannerl: Do you have the recipe?

20 minutes ago, Metall said:

We made Korean dumplings for Chinese New Year! Great fun rolling the dough and wrapping up the stuffing.

They then were boiled and served in soup. Yum.

@Sannerl: Do you have the recipe?

No - but this one comes close: https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/mandu

Tortellini-shaped, of course.

Dhal with potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes with basmati rice. I will get rid of this sinus infection.

11 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Daal with potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes with basmati rice. I will get rid of this sinus infection.

Hot soup with ginger, green onion and chili - inhale first, drink up afterwards.

But take that infection serious - go see a doctor and take those darn antibiotics if necessary. And I'm not someone who likes seeing a doctor.

7 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Daal with potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes with basmati rice. I will get rid of this sinus infection.

I have been sick too and was CRAVING dal.  It didn't cure my ills but still comforting.

@Sannerl I already went this AM to the ENT not the GP. I had a sinus reconstruction in June. They found a lot of polyps and, as a result, the wounds are still partially open. I thought it was weird, but that's what he said. Anyway, got my Cipro and I'm couch bound, reading Dorothy Parker and drinking tea. Not a bad life.

Edited to change some weird autocorrections.

@AlexTr: From what I know, it can take a year or two for the sinuses and nasal passages to fully heal from polyp surgery.
Hang in there, it will get better.

On 1/27/2020, 12:06:15, AlexTr said:

@Sannerl I already went this AM to the ENT not the GP. I had a sinus reconstruction in June. They found a lot of polyps and, as a result, the wounds are still partially open. I thought it was weird, but that's what he said. Anyway, got my Cipro and I'm couch bound, reading Dorothy Parker and drinking tea. Not a bad life.

Edited to change some weird autocorrections.

I had polyp surgery 2 years ago and can sympathize. I don't know if you have allergies, but if you do, this will be the best allergy season you had in a long time.

I didn't have any problem with the wounds after I left the hospital, but in your case I guess it is more  complicated (I went just for the polyp removal), but to fully regain my sense of smell it took some months (started improving after a month and was getting better by the week). Gute Besserung !

To stay on topic :D : I am cooking nothing today, just learned through a common friend, than an old classmate of mine from Greece is in Hamburg for some years now and we are meeting for dinner !

@Alexnf Yeah, I had turbinates widened and septum corrected. I still have a healthy sized honker, but I'm used to it.

39 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@Alexnf Yeah, I had turbinates widened and septum corrected. I still have a healthy sized honker, but I'm used to it.

Painful, as areas take time to heal. Recovery wishes🍵

12 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Painful, as areas take time to heal. Recovery wishes🍵

Best of luck Alex. I had that operation done at 18 and it changed my life for the better.  Was hard but very worth it.

Today- hearty braised kale, with mini Nurnburger sausages, wrapped in breakfast bacon, plus some steamed potatoes. Will need a long walk tomorrow!