What are you cooking today?

3,772 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

I came across some real, live, full sized portobello mushrooms at al natura this afternoon so I decided to stuff a few

Can I ask where you stuffed them?  

Seeing where you now are, hellfire, and looking Thatcheresque, just to let you know I bought frozen Brussels sprouts today..but for a friend. We had lasagne in an Italian restaurant today next to the ocean.

The chef personally fished the lasagne out of the sea!

:P

One of our cats delivered up a rat in the patio early this morning. We had thought about making RATatouille but decided to go to a proper restaurant instead!

86143dbc-bd1c-4c53-8f3e-3b4467b21154.JPG

11 minutes ago, john g. said:

... just to let you know I bought frozen Brussels sprouts today..but for a friend.

Brussels!!

What are you using that frozen European muck for!!  Get yerself away to Morrisons!

sprouts.jpg.32a975e876b94f841c8477e17f73

:D

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

One of our cats delivered up a rat in the patio early this morning. We had thought about making RATatouille but decided to go to a proper restaurant instead!

Taxi! (for John!) 

We found this simple but satisfying dish “Bacon and fried eggs on pommes frites” in a mountain restaurant during skiing in the Dolomiten last New year. so I made just that tonight 😋

ok this is WAY off topic but it reminds me of an innenhof cat we had for a short time (they all disappear after a short time, sadly).  This cat was a particularly good hunter.  It was always carrying around some dead thing or another, but one time I caught it with a still slightly alive mouse.  I intervened, brought the mouse inside to let it recover (which was difficult as I had two cats in the apartment at the time) and then took it outside to let it go.  Cat sprang from nowhere and got it again.  I rescued it AGAIN and this time took it to a neighboring innenhof to release it.  All was as well as it could be for the mouse.

next day I open my terrace door and there is a dead mouse laying on the door step.  

now, knowing cats it could have been one of two messages:  

"I know you like mice too, so here is one - see?  I can share!!!!"

or

"fuck you, lady, you can't beat me"

3 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Brussels!!

What are you using that frozen European muck for!!  Get yerself away to Morrisons!

Taxi! (for John!) 

2 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Brussels!!

Taxi! (for John!) 

"  Enjoy for longer when kept in the fridge!!" My God, society  has dumbed down!! How can you enjoy something you don´t use ie eat?

7 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I rescued it AGAIN and this time took it to a neighboring innenhof to release it. 

next day I open my terrace door and there is a dead mouse laying on the door step.  

Reminds me of this! They've been feeding the baby rabbit for a week. What happens next, I wonder! :mellow:

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

"  Enjoy for longer when kept in the fridge!!" My God, society  has dumbed down!! How can you enjoy something you don´t use ie eat?

Better than wrapping each sprout in plastic! ;) 

3 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Reminds me of this! They've been feeding the baby rabbit for a week. What happens next, I wonder! :mellow:

Better than wrapping each sprout in plastic! ;) 

10 minutes ago, john g. said:

yeah I've seen that, but your crescendo of a "surprise" ending is already explained in the title of the video. Come on.  Don't lose your touch now, you've only just returned! ;)

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

yeah I've seen that, but your crescendo of a "surprise" ending is already explained in the title of the video. Come on.  Don't lose your touch now, you've only just returned! ;)

Don't forget, a lot of folks here can't read! 

19 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Brussels!!

They’re only green on the outside. Inside is an egg covered in sausage covered in bacon covered in a pastry layer covered in a chocolate fondant sauce covered in jam. Instructions for deep frying on the back.

7 minutes ago, alderhill said:

They’re only green on the outside. Inside is an egg covered in sausage covered in bacon covered in a pastry layer covered in a chocolate fondant sauce covered in jam. Instructions for deep frying on the back.

Some kind of Scotch Egg on steroids, you say! 

7 hours ago, john g. said:

86143dbc-bd1c-4c53-8f3e-3b4467b21154.JPG

A few days early - but be grateful that it's not a pig.

I cooked Pork Chops in Cider again.  Served with boiled rice (Uncle Ben's 20 minute) & peas.

The wife says its one of her favourite meals.