What are you cooking today?

3,772 posts in this topic

You have a fridge, you posh bugger?

:angry:

Cheese sandwich here in the office this evening without the necessary ingredients.

Can I bring Max? That bugger is always hungry! Max is the one whose photo is on my profile pic on the left! Mind you, he bites men. Not women, Just men. I think he has a gender issue...

PS: speaking or writing as a former English teacher, I urge you to please heed my words!

There is a difference between...

Come on over John

AND

Come on over, John

:D

There's always room for Max! I didn't realise my subscription to the Comma Appreciation Society had lapsed! :D

Anyway, if it had indeed been the former, then an "all" is missing!:lol:

Making my dearly departed Mom's carne guisada, recipe passed down from the grandmammy, and legend has it she killed someone for it  (heehee).  The lard isn't healthy but it makes a HUGE difference in taste. Olive oil or vegetable oil just don't cut it. I like making this authentic dish maybe twice a year. Man, it is to die for, especially with home made flour tortillas, refried beans in bacon grease, arroz,  and guac on the side.  A margarita or a freezing cold beer tops it off. Try to schedule in at least a half-marathon walk or hike afterwards to offset the coronary impact.

I made this cheesy bacon spinach dip for a party last night. It was gone pretty quick. Someone asked me to put up the recipe so here it is.

I used 200 gr. of little bacon streifen instead of slices and chopped them up a bit finer before cooking.

A 200 gr. tub of cream cheese is fine for the 8 ounces.

Enjoy!

ETA - To be honest, I just remembered that I forgot to add the bacon before cooking so served it on the side pretending that it was planned for the vegetarians present.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I made this cheesy bacon spinach dip for a party last night. It was gone pretty quick. Someone asked me to put up the recipe so here it is.

I used 200 gr. of little bacon streifen instead of slices and chopped them up a bit finer before cooking.

A 200 gr. tub of cream cheese is fine for the 8 ounces.

Enjoy!

Thank you!

(someone) ;)

Not necessarily cooking, but rather managing the leftovers from my belated Thanksgiving dinner. :D

Separating the turkey carcass into bones for broth and meat to freeze... leftover pie goes to my company tomorrow (developers tend to have a sweet tooth), eating the salad tonight. Sorting and packaging mashed and sweet potatoes, corn, and veggies - the lot should make some mean shepherd's pie with part of the meat. ;)

Turkey sandwiches until Christmas!! :D

So I decided, because it is a bit cold today, to make a  broccoli soup...so I did ..without broccoli because I found out I didn´t have any broccoli!

What was left in the fridge? Well, I found spinach and a potato and garlic and ginger and an onion and Brussel  sprouts and then I warmed myself up with this baby! ( Tons of chili powder to make it less boring! )...

IMG_2421.jpg

saucy, not quite soupy, black bean melange with chipotle peppers + feta (it's really very similar to queso fresco) + lime + raw Sauerkraut (nothing like the normal stuff - it's crunchy and delicious, almost slaw-like).  the only thing missing is fresh cilantro.  

and a home made paloma with hornitos, orange flavored sweet stuff (no, I can't spell it, ok?), half a fresh grapefruit, chilled with reusable yellow submarine ice "cubes" and kissed with soda water. beautiful drink, refreshing and delicious

We didn´t cook today. We went out for lunch at the coast.

Anchovies  and  baked feta  with totatoes and oregano for Nicole.

I can´t remember what I ate...

IMG_2543.jpg

You cooked a German?

:angry:

Edit: due to modern technology and quick thinking by the cook, the German has no longer been cooked but replaced by a chicken!

:rolleyes:

Shrimp and garlic stuffed portobello mushroom appetizers, goat cheese and sea salt crackers,  washed down with a white Rioja.

simple does it.