What are you cooking today?

4,187 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

It's not something I would normally cook but I always remember eating Chilli in a giant Yorkshire Pudding at a bar on Liverpool's Albert Dock many moons ago.

Here's my take.

20190925_140350_resize_99.jpg.e97f90372f

20190925_140422_resize_13.jpg.5f8c1871e0

20190925_140457_resize_21.jpg.6ac5c9a7ea

oh my goodness that is truly a work of art

kudos to your mad skills!

4 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

It's not something I would normally cook but I always remember eating Chilli in a giant Yorkshire Pudding at a bar on Liverpool's Albert Dock many moons ago.

Here's my take.

20190925_140350_resize_99.jpg.e97f90372f

20190925_140422_resize_13.jpg.5f8c1871e0

20190925_140457_resize_21.jpg.6ac5c9a7ea

Nice one! Please:

email or fax me one over...hungry!

1 hour ago, delbert said:

Slammer ...you lucky lucky lucky bugger

...a good dollop of HP sauce, lashings of vinegar, a few slices of white buttered hovis and a cuppa.

Today is fairly unremarkable. A tomahawk steak and sweet potatoes. What is special is the appetizer. After doing a minor favor for a former colleague, I received 2 kg of Jordan dates and fresh sumac from a market in Amman. This came through another former colleague who stopped over in Nuremberg just to make the hand-off. The dates are so remarkable. The sumac will go into a chicken dish and baba ghanoush on Sunday. I am a lucky woman.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

As is your wife who will get to partake!

Are you kidding? I have to slap her hand away from the dates or they will all be gone!

So, I know it's trite, but tonight I will pit them, stuff them with feta and wrap them in bacon. On the grill for a few minutes and to the plates.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Are you kidding? I have to slap her hand away from the dates or they will all be gone!

So, I know it's trite, but tonight I will pit them, stuff them with feta and wrap them in bacon. On the grill for a few minutes and to the plates.

So tasty!   Will now go and wrap mini Nuernburgers in bacon and roast beside the chicken!!

Just now, RedMidge said:

So tasty!   Will now go and wrap mini Nuernburgers in bacon and roast beside the chicken!!

We both have a sweet/salty thing going lately. 

Today is nothing special. Some finest north Alaskan cod caught for me on a trawler, specially shaped in an oblong fashion and daintily strewn with breadcrumbs along the whole length, No less than thirteen. Specially chilled at a low temperature to bring out the flavour, then stored at a particular shop with the name Lidl. 

That was served with potatoes "frite" style as they say en Francaise, peeled thinly then cut along the length into long strips. These were then deep fried in a purpose built device known as a deep fryer until a golden hue was achieved, then removed. 

The dish was served on a white plate with a knife and fork, together with salt, some fermented malt "vinaigre" and some spiced tomato condiment.

All that time vacationing in Austria doesn't leave you any time to learn to cook? Well, we all have our priorities. 

Got my retaliation in yesterday, jeremy! At the British Shop in Agios. Still uneaten! ( I mean the fish ..not the shop! )

IMG_1759.jpgAnd I have extra breadcrumbs in the keyboard in case i need them!!!!:P

28 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Today is nothing special. Some finest north Alaskan cod caught for me on a trawler, specially shaped in an oblong fashion and daintily strewn with breadcrumbs along the whole length, No less than thirteen. Specially chilled at a low temperature to bring out the flavour, then stored at a particular shop with the name Lidl. 

That was served with potatoes "frite" style as they say en Francaise, peeled thinly then cut along the length into long strips. These were then deep fried in a purpose built device known as a deep fryer until a golden hue was achieved, then removed. 

The dish was served on a white plate with a knife and fork, together with salt, some fermented malt "vinaigre" and some spiced tomato condiment.

Lucky bastard! I had to eat out today! A cheese pie at a bus station and a Greek salad at the beach in 28C...each to their own. I guess I lost out today!

:D

28 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

All that time vacationing in Austria doesn't leave you any time to learn to cook? Well, we all have our priorities. 

Me? Learn to cook? How long have you bee on Toytown? Ah, all those moves from place to place make it difficult to keep up.

23 minutes ago, john g. said:

Got my retaliation in yesterday, jeremy! At the British Shop in Agios. Still uneaten! ( I mean the fish ..not the shop! )

So you have an outpost of British civilisation there? A British shop with fudge, John Smiths and tea bags? Not envious (lying). 

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

Lucky bastard! I had to eat out today! A cheese pie at a bus station and a Greek salad at the beach in 28C...each to their own. I guess I lost out today!

:D

Forced to eating Greek every day? All that ozo. I would be like a barrel.

2 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

No frozen peas though. Must confess to feeling a bit let down.

I actually grew peas this year in the garden.

British night out. Five pints of bitter, then hit the chippy nearby for chips and curry sauce slathered all over. Sit on the bridge near the pub watching the women fight each other. Bliss.