What are you cooking today?

3,448 posts in this topic

Cauliflower soup (olive oil, onion, carrot, cauliflower, mixed herbs, salt, chicken stock cube, 20 mins).

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Angus burgers, chili dogs, fries, slaw. It's Independence Day in the US. Time to be independent from good nutritional choices!

Happy 4th! 

2 hours ago, Metall said:

Nowhere to go tonight...

Perhaps someone will send you a PM. :rolleyes:

We are having burgers, fries and coleslaw just for kicks. Berlin is a little far away though. 

I had bus station food today after leavíng the hospital I had just visited , hoping to be operated on. Potato and ocra in an undefined sauce and with a dry bread roll sans butter or anything. At least the air conditioning was working!

:lol::lol:

Pasta, lentil and veg "medley": cooked pasta (e.g. fusilli) + cooked lentils mixed together with 20 min sauce (olive oil, chopped onion, carrot, yellow pepper, tomato, tomato puree, herbes de provence, bay leaves, tiny amount of chilli powder, veg stock cube, salt, water [just enough, not too much water]). (Sometimes I flavour the sauce with curry powder rather than herbs and chilli powder.)

I generally cook the lentils in advance by the reduction method (1 part lentils, 2 parts water, cook for 45 mins), then approaching dinner time put on the sauce in one pan and the pasta in another and cook them both for 20 mins (or less for the pasta depending on preference). Once done and the three elements have been mixed together in one of the pans, the mixture can be left to sit for a while so that the pasta absorbs most of the liquid (so it's best if the sauce isn't too liquid).

I made Swedish meatball burgers. 

Mixed some ground beef with some onions, breadcrumbs, milk, allspice, and salt and pepper. Formed them in some patties. I fried up the burgers and let them rest. I then fried up some mushrooms (in the same pan) with butter. I added some cream to this sauce and let it get thickened. Put the burgers on buns with some lingonberry jam and the mushroom cream sauce. It was great. 

Toasted cheese as snack- light rye toasted, spread with mango chutney, slice of smoked ham, and then some sliced Tilsit cheese. Under grill till cheese bubbling- and serve with  mini gherkins, and boiled eggs.   Schleswig Rarebit:P

Using up roast chicken- chopped with veggies and spices to make spicy chicken. Curry powder, chilli , garlic and ginger, and mango chutney. Basmati rice.

I wanted to do the same, Red! But the cats complained...they won...:D

So I made do with a pork chop and roast potatoes! (Have a stomach ache now..wrong climate right now for that stuff!)...

9 minutes ago, john g. said:

I wanted to do the same, Red! But the cats complained...they won...

Good for the cats!!

4 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Fish, fish, fish.

Ther's a limit to how much fish you can eat.  2 evenings ago we had salmon filet (on offer at EDEKA) with boiled potatoes, Spargel (from deep freeze) & sauce bearnaise.

This evening our daughter ordered pizza.  Tomorrow its me doing sort of chinese chicken with cashew.

I made rigatoni with eggplant purée on Friday. Was really good!

https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/01/rigatoni-with-eggplant-puree/ 

I was very busy this weekend. Today I made a big lunch for BF and I. 

I made two batches of no-knead bread (one regular, and one roasted garlic). It’s a NY Times recipe. 

Then I got up early today and made a creamy cucumber salad, egg salad with homemade mayo, and a chick pea, sweet potato, spinach soup in the crock pot (Skinnytaste). I will have leftovers for days.  

pork fillet in garlic, rosemary and maple syrup marinade with roasted fresh figs

potato cakes with cheese and onion

steamed grilled brocolli

peas

princess beans

Inspired by some fresh figs a friend gave me. Was pretty good.

Not to sure about what I am having for tea tonight, probably a popsicle.

Yesterday was Slammercurry night and that means I have loo paper in the freezer and my ass looks like the flag of Japan.

My idea of a curry is when the neighbours complain about somebody firing tear gas. I have a collection of Naga Joloka and Carolina Reaper and a few Scotch bonnets in the freezer, I grate them into the frying pan where they release atmospheric Capsaicin. Basiclly I have found a way to weaponize curry.

I then add some chopped fruit and powder with curry paste or powder and top up with fruit juice. That´s my curry stock, then I add veggies or meat or whatever.

It doesn´t matter really because every tastebud has been napalmed.