What are you cooking today?

3,633 posts in this topic

had a salad of mixed lettuce, rocket and avacado.with fishfingers

trouble is im getting hugary again

Pigs-ear pizza!

Basically we made a realy pigs-ear of one of those "roll out the dough and top it with what you like" pizzas.

Shorty had the job of rolling, whilst I prepared the veggies - unfortunately the dough all stuck together whilst being transferred from the table to the baking tray, so we I kneaded it a bit and thought I would be able to roll it out again "properly".

Well, you don´t need to believe that those things let themselves be rolled out again!!

so, I sort of flattened it out as much as I could and we popped everything else on top, and although it didn´t look much, it tasted wonderful!!

Mahlzeit!

Pasta with lentils in a curry sauce (onion, garlic, carrots, mixed peppers, tomatoes, curry powder, curry paste)

@Seattle2 or anyone else who might know the answer...!

What can I use as a substitute for Graham Crackers thats available in German Supermarkets? Butterkeks??? :huh:

Thanks.

That was quick, thanks!

Today I'm cooking a chicken curry in my slow cooker.

Ingredients are leftover chicken, curry paste, clove garlic, half a dozen handfuls of red lentils, small tin coconut milk, courgette diced, yellow pepper also diced and tin of chopped tomatoes.

I normally also add a tin of drained chickpeas to something like this but didn't have any. <_<

Will serve with Naan or rice. Not exactly gourmet but uses the chicken and store cupboard stuff and will make enough for 4/6 portions. My toddler will also eat it. :D

I know I've seen graham crackers here, just cant remember where... try Hertie, Karstadt in Hauptbahnhof, or Galleria Kaufhof. They all have american sections. There's also a grocery store called V-markt next to the St. Martin Strasse (S5/S6) stop - I'm thinking it might have been there that I saw them.

Otherwise, sounds like Marka has a good alternative for you. Here's a full post on graham cracker substitutes in the forum: click here

Perhaps a ginger cookie would also work and taste good. I'd probably lessen any sugar added to the crust though. Good luck!

I will be roasting a fresh whole chicken stuffed with lemon and herbs and will be roasting some parsnips, peppers, potatoes etc...

Not technically today but I'm having my first ever homemade sushi for lunch which I made last night. Just need to get the portions right though as I made enough for a large Japenese family and some to spare. And there's only me eating it!

Last night's supper, leftovers for lunch (not the fries, just the chicken)

Chicken fingers and French fries

Slice two chicken breasts (skinned and boned) in long strips, about 2 fingers wide

Combine a cup of bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon ground rosemary, a dash of chili pepper and some white pepper

Heat a mix of half butter/half sunflower oil in a deep frying pan

Coat the chicken strips with flour, dip them in a mix of egg and milk (or briefly whipped cream to give you a more bubbly crust), coat them with the bread crumb mix

Fry in the butter/oil until golden brown, app. 3 - 4 minutes per side, turning once

Place on a thick layer of paper towels to soak up excess grease

Serve with lemon juice and tzatziki

I prefer the frying pan or kettle approach to French fries:

Heat app. 1 liter of sunflower oil in a deep frying pan or kettle until bubbles appear on a wooden spoon when dipped into the oil

Add the (yeah, I was lazy) frozen French fries, cover with your anti-spritz mesh

Let them fry, shaking the pan every now and then or stirring the fries with a long-handled spoon or fork

Turn the heat off when the fries are "blond" and let them continue frying for a couple more minutes

Remove with a slotted spoon to a thick layer of paper towels

Sprinkle immediately with salt to taste

Even Cat, the part-time vegetarian, relented and ate one whole chicken finger!

P.S. Does anyone want Scogs' leftover Samson's vinegar or whatever it's called? I don't do "chips & vinegar".

Made this last night... delicious! And easy. Can use any rice you like, or even naan bread would be good with it. Was just about right for 2 adults, and had only a little leftover.

Notes: Double the spinach (4-5 cups)!! Read recipe reviews on the CL website if you want additional ways to make it spicier. I added 1 teaspoon of cayenne and it was barely spicy, but tasted great.

Chickpeas with Spinach

Ingredients

1 teaspoon olive oil

1 1/2 cups chopped onion

1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/4 cup water

2 tablespoons tomato paste

2 cups chopped spinach

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas, (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

1 cup hot cooked basmati rice

Lemon wedges (optional)

Grated lemon rind (optional)

Preparation

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until mixture begins to brown. Add water and tomato paste; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Stir in spinach, chili powder, salt, and chickpeas; cover. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes or until spinach wilts and mixture is heated. Stir in juice. Serve over rice. Garnish with lemon wedges and rind, if desired.

Yield

2 servings (serving size: about 1 cup chickpea mixture and 1/2 cup rice)

Recipe from cooking light: http://search.myrecipes.com/search.html?Nt...Cooking%20Light

post-11971-1220519826.jpg

Can anyone suggest a sauce for Maultaschen? I actually found some way up here in the north. I had them years ago in Bavaria (and loved them), but I don't really recall what sauces were used... danke!