Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cheap flights to the UK from Munich

27 posts in this topic

I'm am in the process of booking my flights home for xmas, and would like if possible not to fly with easyjet this time, i have had a look on the internet for some other cheap flights, but everything is really expensive, and i grudge paying 800€ plus for a 5 day trip.

Does anyone know of any other airlines that i can get get a good deal from, i want to pay 300€ maximum, and need to fly to either Edinburgh or Glasgow, preferably from Munich, i would prefer a direct flight but will also consider taking a stop over.

Thanks

Sarah

German Wings, Ryanair, BM Baby or something like that. There are a few airlines but carefull and keep you eyes open for the hidden costs. At first they appear cheap but then you have to add luggage costs seat reservation costs etc etc.

if you don't mind getting the train to Salzburg then Ryanair from there could be an option I guess

Air Berlin.

They fly Munich to Stansted then Stansted to Glasgow.

Its all very organised at Stansted. You get off your plane and walk straight to your connecting flight which is scheduled to depart in about an hour. No second check in or security. Plus you get free drinks and food. I highly reccommend them.

The offer from Lufthansa is really good, it's actually working out cheaper than easyjet, plus they don't charge for children under 2 and let them take a bag, which easyjet do not, they charge for the child(granted it's just a small charge) but they don't allow the child a bad to check in.

Yes, I've pretty much stopped flying budget airlines, because as long as I am a bit flexible about my dates, Lufthansa almost always works out cheaper and is much nicer...

If you use Skyscanner.net you can search all the cheap airlines at once including easyjet, ryanair and airberlin, and you can be as specific as you want in regards to where you're flying in or out of, or when you want to fly.

Easyjet (and germanwings etc) isn't really a 'budget' airline anyway. The original english name of 'no frills' is a better one. Ryanair is probably the only major 'budget' airline IMO - the others dont differ much from eg BA and lufthansa

Just booked our christmas flights with Easy jet direct to Edinburgh 477 pounds for 5 of us!!!

I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get to the north on England in late June and was trying to use the TT wiki page but it seems out of date.

Anybody got any more suggestions for this page? There was BMI baby but they no longer seem to be flying any Munich routes so I've taken that one off for one.

Current suggestions: Flights between Munich and the UK

Topics merged by admin

What should be included in the wiki page?

From Munich Airports summer schedule we seem to have...

Birmingham - Lufthansa

Edinburgh - Easyjet

London City - Lufthansa

Heathrow - Lufthansa and BA

London Stansted - Air Berlin and Easyjet

Manchester - Lufthansa

Pretty poor pickings.

I'm really not sure how to go about searching for the routes with a change and get the lot.

You've got to get creative. Skyscanner is a good place to start. You can use this site to look for flights from "anywhere" in one country to "anywhere" in another country over a complete month, select the cheapest day/flight/route and go from there. Use this information and combine it with kayak.com to check specific routes and you can home in on your price, destination or timing. Kayak is useful as it looks as mainstream carriers, the cheapies, and also consolidators such as Opodo or Expedia and you can refine your selection on an active page. Using tips you pick up from the routings suggested you can often also work out your own schedule. For example, I recently found a good deal from Salzburg to Leeds, via Düsseldorf for around €90 return. Such a connection option would never have come up using normal offers.

Once you've found the flight you want, go to the American websites to save money. Use kayak.com (make sure it's not the German one) to find which website is cheapest – it's generally Expedia, Chepatickets or Orbitz. Even on European flights, a €150 flight becomes €130 by booking through an American site. You don't need a US credit card or postal address, apart from with Lufthansa.