DKB Bank (Deutsche Kredit-Bank)

405 posts in this topic

That is a good thing isn't it?  I don't need to fund a separate CC account for free withdrawls worldwide now.

It's not a good thing no. Stuff like car rental requires a proper credit card not just a debit card. I'll cancel our DKB credit cards and request an authorised user for my wife on my Irish credit card, which is free of charge.

I'm not paying €60 for two credit cards.

I guess our son's u18 credit card will also need to be cancelled. 

i am a dkb user. so at this moment who is offering free (real) credit card among the online bank accounts ? with the same conditions of dkb possibly

Nobody that I know of. There are standalone free, real credit card products available (eg Barclays, Hanseatic Bank) that are theoretically good replacements for the DKB Visa (assuming they will offer a usable credit limit, sufficient to rent a car for example) as they have no maintenance fee and no currency conversion charge for use abroad, but no bank is offering a real credit card for free as part of its package now. DKB was the last.

The DKB Visa Debit card (also no currency conversion charge) should be absolutely fine for day to day purchases abroad but for renting a car it will need to be a real credit card to be safe.