Netball teams in Frankfurt or Wiesbaden

31 posts in this topic

Is there any netball played in Germany? I used to play in Scotland and have looked here but not found any teams. I live in Wiesbaden but could probably travel to Frankfurt if there was a regular team.

There are no teams in Frankfurt that I know of as I too am pretty keen to play. I know there was something in Darmstadt run via ESA/ESOC but I am not sure where or when but I could ask my boyfriend to find out...

I realise this reply is about 18 months late, but just in case you're still around, did you ever find a netball team in the Wiesbaden/FF (or Niedernhausen where I am) area?? I'd be keen to play!!

TA!

I still haven't heard of anything and not sure if the ESOC one is still going in Darmstadt. But maybe somebody else knows more. In the meantime I'll keep my eyes and ears open...

Hi there,

I've recently moved to Frankfurt and would also be interested in having a netball game. I have played indoor and outdoor in Oz and also in London.

Cheers

There's bound to be a basketball court somewhere at least!! I'll have a look into it and see what we can manage... We have at least 4 people interested so just need a few more and we can play half court, or even better 10 more and we have a game!!

I could probably convince a couple of germans along, and we can always play a mixed game to get more ppl involved.. Thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan. I am not 100% sure how much I can commit as I am about to start marathon training again. I will have a think on the basketball courts

Also I have not played since school so I hope nobody is too serious.

I could probably convince a couple of germans along, and we can always play a mixed game to get more ppl involved.. Thoughts?

Both men and Germans playing netball oh dear sounds like carnage to me :lol: I don't mind playing with German people at all as long as they all realise it is only a GAME. Don't get me wrong I have loads of German friends that I love dearly but well team games with German people has always been something I tried to avoid after a volleyball incident a few years back :P

ha ha!! Totally understand! :) And yes, I don't think anyone will take it too seriously... Just a chance to catch up and run around a little...

The ECB has a netball team (we play on a basket ball court). Due to insurance only ECB staff members are allowed to play in the team :-( but we could probably play against you if you get a team together :-)

I have also heard that the teachers at the Frankfurt International School have had informal games against the teachers at the Wiesbaden International School.

Good luck!

Cheers, Cathy

Who does ECB currently play against? Womens or mixed?

I have been asking around about hiring basketball courts etc, but apparently that isn't really done here - you have to be members of a club (surprise! :) )... So how does ECB get hold of the BBall court? Can we do the same??

Ta!

Bae

We play against ourselves :-( We had one 'excursion' to Nord Rhein Westfalen to play against the British army base women's team - they were excellent and had a real court! At the moment we are only women.

We hire a court from a school in Roedelheim. I am sure if you call around the schools you would find one with a court you could hire. Good luck! I hope you get something set up, we need some competition :)

Hi, I just joined this system and am also looking to play netball aain - has anything happened on this since april - would love to play again

so, after a quick Google, I have discovered netball is volleyball.

B)

I up for any games if they are around.

Hi, I'm an aussie in Darmstadt and am missing playing netball!!! I would love to play if we are able to get a team and court together! so from the look of it we are up to 5 people :) cheers, AGirl

heyy! my name is Minal, 19 yrs old come from England , Preston. I'm moving to Frankfurt tomorrow living in Roedelheim and I'm interested in Netball and would love to play!!! so msg me!!! al be well up for it!

cheers

Minal

Hey everyone,

I am in the process of setting up a Netball team in Mannheim. If anyone is interested or have any questions feel free to ask as i enter the unknown world of Netball in Germany....