Where to find a nanny around Hannover

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find an English and German speaking Nanny? I am moving to the Burgdorf area in three weeks and need a nanny so I can go back to school to improve my German.

Any advice would be so helpful! Has anyone ever tried the Mary Poppins company? They have many services including Nanny services.

THANKS!

Hello,

Sorry for the intrusion. My wife is looking for another job in Hannover.

She has two grown up children of her own and she is very trustworthy and reliable.

If you like to leave your number, my email is Pitipun@o2.co.uk.

We haven't got internet access yet, but should be shortly.

Best Regards,

Pit

Hello, I am currently a part-time nanny in Hannover. I am looking for some extra hours each week. I am 23 and Canadian. I am in Hannover with my boyfriend who is playing hockey for the Hannover Indians. I have lots of free time, love to play and have fun. I also have references in Hannover.

My email is Cyndiecaudle@yahoo.ca

Thank you for your time.

Hi There!

I am so sorry I have not responded to you. I have not had the internet for over a month due to moving from Munich to Hannover. It took a long time for us to finally get online again. Again, sorry about that.

I have already hired someone on a trial basis right now. If by chance it does not work out, are you still looking for more work? If so, how many hours a week? Also, would you be willing to travel to Burgdorf (city right outside of Hannover in the East)?

Thanks for your reply!

Krissy

Hello there,

We have just moved to the Hannover area (actually Lauenau) with three children and are in search of an English speaking nanny to help out whilst I take German lessons and work in Hannover. If anyone is interested I'd love to hear, we are Aussies, down to earth and we pretty laid back!!!

Cheers and have a good one

Ginny

Please use London only based agencies. 

advice for nannies, only use london based agencies also. 

Please ensrue you have contracts before you come, and insurance for legal cover , because there is no protection in Germany and you would not get any help if anything went wrong. 

Nannies warning, please do not use System Straub agency in Hamburg and I would warn any nanny against working for a family in Hidelsheim who have a habit of breaking contracts and nannies being left stranded. 

I really can not recommend germany as a spot for English speaking nannies to work in. 

The salaries are the lowest and compared to in Spain. There is no protection and no respect for the profession and most of the jobs expect you to do housework - it is not established here and I would be very cautious about working here. I have heard some terirrlbe stories recently and stories that do not occurr in the nanny profession, high end, in other countries.