Bees crawling all over the sweets in bakeries

55 posts in this topic

I hate those zappers. The sound of death as you are trying to think about your food. The thought of dead-insect dust getting everywhere and possibly in your food.

Horrible, horrible things.

No, extremely excessive. Your grandparents didn't do that and they survived, as did theirs, and theirs, and theirs.

The fear of EVIL GERMS is being fed by companies such ass Lever and P&G who then sell you the solution. The problem is that all this disinfectant, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial stuff being slung around is only leading to more resistant bugs and bacteria which our bodies have a harder time coping with. In short, the obsession with "clean" is leading to more sickness. Your body has defenses; there are few insects which can actually harm you in the everyday world, save for mosquitos bees/wasps/hornets (if you're allergic to the venom) and certain types of flies IF they've only just come from a turd.

woof.

For fun I often wipe my arse with my hand then smear the poo on my face, transform myself into a wasp (yes a wasp not a bee (my god a bee, a bee never ever in bakery for sure)) and go and feast on dog poo and cakes. This is greatly satisfying. I then transform myself back to the CEO of Proctor and Gamble and laugh heartily for many a happy hour at the foolishness of the ignorant masses. They know nothing compared to my great knowledge of poo and cakes and sexy lovely wonderful germs.

Wasps don't sit on poo. They are very clean animals. The food in the bakery has been through machines, touched by several humans and been exposed to the yeasts and bacteria in the air for hours, so a wasp sitting on it won't make any difference one way or the other.

I have never seen a bee in a bakery.

I absolutely will not - could not! - eat a cake that's had insects crawling all over it even without considering what they actually do to the food.

You eat meat and drink milk, don't you? Have you ever seen the hordes of bluebottles around cows in a milking parlour?

You also engage in cunnilingus and place your tongue in other people's mouths, don't you? ;)

Wasps don't sit on poo. They are very clean animals. The food in the bakery has been through machines, touched by several humans and been exposed to the yeasts and bacteria in the air for hours, so a wasp sitting on it won't make any difference one way or the other.

I have never seen a bee in a bakery.

But I'm not a wasp, I am the CEO of P&G Haha!! I will expose you all to yeasts and bacteria!!!

basic hygiene in my book.

Monk? Is that you?

OCD is what that is called.

Was it really bees? I've never seen bees in a bakery before.

Yep, I'm pretty sure they were bees. I know what a wasp looks like, and these were definitely not wasps. I've seen wasps in bakery counters before, but this was the first time I've seen bees. And yes, there were a LOT. For Jackass Boy who wanted an exact count, I'm afraid I can't comply, but it was pretty damn close to a swarm IMHO. Just getting out the door of the place was running the gauntlet. Even weirder, this was right in the middle of town. No trees or flowers nearby. How these bees found this one little shop out of all the buildings along the street beats me. What gets me is how nonchalant the server staff were about it.

I've been grossed out by this as well, Though recently in this town's bakery they have installed the light zapper thingy, so it doesn't happen anymore ^^

Laziness maybe why they aren't installed in more bakeries?

It's a little strange, I find German's in work places to have very standards in what is exceptable, except in this example. O.o

No, extremely excessive. Your grandparents didn't do that and they survived, as did theirs, and theirs, and theirs.

The fear of EVIL GERMS is being fed by companies such ass Lever and P&G who then sell you the solution. The problem is that all this disinfectant, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial stuff being slung around is only leading to more resistant bugs and bacteria which our bodies have a harder time coping with. In short, the obsession with "clean" is leading to more sickness. Your body has defenses; there are few insects which can actually harm you in the everyday world, save for mosquitos bees/wasps/hornets (if you're allergic to the venom) and certain types of flies IF they've only just come from a turd.

woof.

Well said.

We let our kids muck about in the mud, eat snails and worms (something my daughter used to love to do, she's grown out of of now thank goodness, snail juice is such a persistent stain), ingest raw milk products, run about barefoot and basically just let them be in touch with nature and their environment.

Of course they all have tetanus and rabies now. Which is nice.

Laziness maybe why they aren't installed in more bakeries?

It's a little strange, I find German's in work places to have very standards in what is exceptable, except in this example. O.o

I'd actually suspect that these zappers can present a hygiene problem. Dead insect bodies in a place that handles food? Bad idea.

The same would go for chemicals actually. Bug spray? Wait for the bakery to be closed down.

There's nothing to worry about here. The same honey that you spread over your bread rolls every morning comes from bees. Extremely clean little creatures. Let them be.

I'm glad this topic has been raised. Bees, wasps, flys... whatever! I've noticed this here in Germany too and I think it's disgusting. I absolutely will not - could not! - eat a cake that's had insects crawling all over it even without considering what they actually do to the food. I can't recall seeing anything like this in the UK where most confectionery shops have those ultra violet electrical 'zappers' installed. It's probably a legal requirement there and it should be here too!

The reason why you dont see bees or flies or wasps in bakeries in the UK is probably more to do with the fact that there are firstly not that many bakeries in the UK as there are in Germany, they are often inside shopping malls where insects don't tend to go and most importantly there are far less bees and wasps and flies in the UK than here. Probably because of the weather.

But I personally wouldnt buy anything from a bakery either if there are lots of wasps or whatever flying around on the pastries. Just puts me off somehow

I also won't buy anything from a bakery that has wasps in it. I also won't eat honey, or indeed any form of fresh fruit or vegetable, or anything that comes from an animal, or that may have been touched by a human.

I go pretty hungry most days, but I'm managing to survive.

Bloke walks into a shop and says "I would like to buy a wasp please?"

Shopekeeper replies "but we don't sell wasps"

Bloke says "but you've got one in the window"

Wheres my coat...

Can we please get something straight?

Honey does not come from WASPS, honey comes from BEES.

The insects you see crawling on your baked goods are not BEES they are WASPS.

Big difference.

Maybe they were bees who were just totally pissed off always playing the good guy !

And thought sod it lets go raid the frigin bakery, the stupid wasps will get blamed for it anyway !

Cheap grub up innit