Obtaining a SCHUFA credit report online

44 posts in this topic

It's not a requirement of law that you get this check, but rather a requirement of your landlord.

The only way to know if your landlord requires a report for your wife as well as yourself is to ask.

Personally I think such a report has little value if your wife is not independently economically active, but  they may have other ideas.

56 minutes ago, pappnase said:

It's not a requirement of law that you get this check, but rather a requirement of your landlord.

The only way to know if your landlord requires a report for your wife as well as yourself is to ask.

Personally I think such a report has little value if your wife is not independently economically active, but  they may have other ideas.

So, before spending 30 euros to learn that, is it even possible to get a SCHUFA credit report for someone who has not been independently economically active in Germany? Would it be just a blank report with her name at the top?

You can always get a report, but as you guessed it probably won't say anything useful. Although  even just a blank report says something. 

For €30 I wouldn't worry about it, but if it means that much to you then ask your landlord.