Obtaining a SCHUFA credit report online

44 posts in this topic

Yorkshire is right - you can get "free" schufa information once a year. All you need is the form to complete plus a copy of your passport. Mind you, it took them about 4 weeks to send the details, but, free of charge.

Yes, you can get a free document once a year - but if you need one in a hurry, like I do, that's no good.

As well as applying online, you can also get a print out from any Easy Credit outlet (and, as of April 2010), no longer at Schufa outlets. Only takes around 10-20 minutes (yay) but it now costs 18.50 EUR (boo).

I just want to link this topic with the other Schufa topic together so that we could consolidate the knowledge.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18627&st=0

Hi,

Here is how to have it for free via post: http://www.t-online.de/ratgeber/finanzen/kredit/id_62394750/schufa-selbstauskunft-kostenlos-anfordern-so-geht-s.html

The option is hidden in the webside schufa.de, follow the clicks to find it.

It can be done for free just once per year!

Hope it will be usefull for all of you.

On 1/23/2015, 11:31:13, valente said:

Hi,

Here is how to have it for free via post: http://www.t-online.de/ratgeber/finanzen/kredit/id_62394750/schufa-selbstauskunft-kostenlos-anfordern-so-geht-s.html

The option is hidden in the webside schufa.de, follow the clicks to find it.

It can be done for free just once per year!

Hope it will be usefull for all of you.

Thank you for link :-)

I have received my Schufa a month ago a free statement entitled to be received 

Let me know if anyone have some queries 

can anyone tell me on average how long it takes to generate enough history to obtain some kind of Schufa report? currently had a german bank account for 2 months with Direct Debits of health insurance going out for 1 month. No credit card. Possible to get a Schufa from this?
Also, does anyone know if landloards ever/generally except other credit reports such as Experian? thanks

Hi guys,

My wife and I would both like to get an online check for our schufa which may then be forwarded to a broker for a house purchase. We have found 1-2 options but want to know if there is anything recommended for 2, and maybe a one off thing, and not a recurring fee?

Thank you,

3 hours ago, GlobeTrotterBoy said:

Hi guys,

My wife and I would both like to get an online check for our schufa which may then be forwarded to a broker for a house purchase. We have found 1-2 options but want to know if there is anything recommended for 2, and maybe a one off thing, and not a recurring fee?

Thank you,

Do you mean a mortgage broker? This sounds irregular. I've never heard of a mortgage broker asking their customers for their credit report. They should be asking you for your personal details and permission to check your credit score. The broker would check your score himself and pay the fees.

Also, please don't cross-post the same question in different parts of the forum. We'll see your question if you just post it in one place.

Hello, both me and my wife we need urgently a SCHUFA report for applying for an apartment that we saw today and we really like.

What would be the best online site for getting a report, and how fast can they provide it?

As costs I can see that on all sites the Bonitats Auskunft which I think we need is 30 euro, is there any way to get it cheaper?

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Hello, both me and my wife we need urgently a SCHUFA report for applying for an apartment that we saw today and we really like.

What would be the best online site for getting a report, and how fast can they provide it?

As costs I can see that on all sites the Bonitats Auskunft which I think we need is 30 euro, is there any way to get it cheaper?

Thanks!

https://bonitaetscheck.immobilienscout24.de/

Hi, I just ordered exactly from there, but after paying I get a pdf with 2 pages, the first contains a code, and the second is a certificate that has only a phrase: Es liegen uns zum DATE ausschliesslich positive Vertragsinformationen vor and the code again.

The code seems to be a link to this file ... am I losing something?

I expected some report with some scores for paying rates, debt, etc ...

Oh and btw they totally mispelled my name, and the address is from the first company I worked for ... so yeah ... really tryusytworthy information .

16 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Hi, I just ordered exactly from there, but after paying I get a pdf with 2 pages, the first contains a code, and the second is a certificate that has only a phrase: Es liegen uns zum DATE ausschliesslich positive Vertragsinformationen vor and the code again.

The code seems to be a link to this file ... am I losing something?

I expected some report with some scores for paying rates, debt, etc ...

Oh and btw they totally mispelled my name, and the address is from the first company I worked for ... so yeah ... really tryusytworthy information .

That's all you need...! Well it's all I've ever needed for tenancy applications anyway...!

Looks like a big BS that you pay 30 euro for ... at least is it good or bad?

I have no loans and no debts, I prefer to pay upfront for most of things and spare money for what I can't afford so this should mean a very good Schufa I guess?

13 hours ago, bbogdanmircea said:

I have no loans and no debts, I prefer to pay upfront for most of things and spare money for what I can't afford so this should mean a very good Schufa I guess?

I don't know about here but in the U.S. having never had loans, credit card payments, and basically paying cash for everything can hurt your score. Seems crazy, I know. One has to establish credit in order to get a score.

That hurt my father when he wanted to get a loan in his thirties. He eventually got some credit cards and started using them to build up credit. 

It seems paying those cards off in full every month didn’t help your cause either. 

This was all very long ago, though. 

14 hours ago, bbogdanmircea said:

This isn’t a full Schufa report - that’s not required for tenancy applications. Mine also said the same so don’t worry!

We want to rent an apartment and the landlord stated on the website that schufa bonitätscheck is required. However, my wife has not earned any money in Germany yet (employment or any other types). She also does not have any credit card nor did any financing purchase. In that case, do I still need to apply for a schufa bonitätscheck also for her, or mine would be sufficient for the rental contract?