Obtaining a SCHUFA credit report online

44 posts in this topic

I have to say I was just quite impressed to discover you can now order a SCHUFA online. Here is the Schufa site

Last time I had to get one was about five years ago now and involved waiting for ages on the Zeil!

Just a bit of useful info for somebody maybe (although perhaps you could do this already for ages an I am behind the times!)

Hi everyone. My prospective language wants a report from Schufa, which seems to be the German version of a credit reporting agency (like Experian in the States).

How do I go about selecting the right option on the website? They seem to offer a lot of different services and I wasn't sure which button to press/section to go to.

Will Schufa even have access to my data, since I just moved here and don't have any German loans or Credit Cards?

Thanks for your help.

Hey ,

I need to get a schufa for an application . What is the best way to get one? and do you know what documents I need?

Thank you

Topics merged by admin

It’s very easy.

Cheapest is to visit your local SCHUFA office. Take your passport and „Anmeldebestätigung“ and you can see what details they have about you. If you want a hard copy however, it will cost €7.80.

Or go to their website and apply there for a one-off copy (€7.80) or for a SCHUFA card (€15.60 - but allows unlimited enquiries). I would recommend the latter.

Fill in your personal details on the appropriate page. At the same time make a copy of the so-called „Postident“ form and print it out. Pay the fee required. You will receive a confirmation email with another copy of the Postident form.

Take the Postident form to your local post office and present it together with your passport and Anmeldebestätigung. The post sends the filled-out form to the SCHUFA (doesn’t cost anything) and a few days later you will receive your one-off copy or your SCHUFA-XS card and other docs.

If you have a card, you can then go to the SCHUFA website and register your user name and password. Enter the code from your card as directed and you will see all details they have about you, as often as you want.

HTH

Does the SCHUFA also record when you check your own file (or when somebody else checks your file)? As far as I know, the three main UK credit reference agencies record this because many times the check is done as part of an application for credit, and so each additional check suggests that you are getting more and more desperate for credit - which is not always true, of course, for example you might have been burgled and you want to maintain a check in case your electronic identity has been compromised.

SCHUFA will inform a bank that somebody has requested information within the preceding 10 days, as well as supplying bank-relevant details, e.g. bank accounts held, credit cards and records of any outstanding disputed payments. A commercial company receives only info. about disputed payments (except for telephone companies, who exchange positive info. too). No names of companies are ever provided.

The person involved can see details of any request including the name of the enquirer for 1 year following the enquiry.

No, there is nothing negative about checking your account as often as you want. It is the only way to see if somebody has made enquires without you knowing - and to keep a check on your credit score! I do it online regularly.

From April 1st, 2010 everyone will have the right, in line with §34 of the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, once a year to see the information stored on them by Schufa (or other credit agencies such as Creditreform and Infoscore). At the same time they will have the right to correct or appeal against any data they disagree with. A form is available in English online to download which needs completing and sending with a copy of your passport and residence registration ("Anmeldebestätigung") to SCHUFA Holding AG, Postfach 61 04 10, 10927 Berlin. When your application is processed you will be sent an overview of all the information stored on you, details of any inquiries regarding your creditworthiness during the previous 12 months and optionally your creditworthiness "score"

From April 1st, 2010 everyone will have the right, in line with §34 of the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, once a year to see the information stored on them by Schufa (or other credit agencies such as Creditreform and Infoscore). At the same time they will have the right to correct or appeal against any data they disagree with. A form is available in English online to download which needs completing and sending with a copy of your passport and residence registration ("Anmeldebestätigung") to SCHUFA Holding AG, Postfach 61 04 10, 10927 Berlin. When your application is processed you will be sent an overview of all the information stored on you, details of any inquiries regarding your creditworthiness during the previous 12 months and optionally your creditworthiness "score"

Thanks for the tip. I ordered my about ten days ago and just received it. Cheers.

can i request a schufa credit report twice? my name at my mailbox got messed up by kids. so the letter got returned to sender. i just requested one again. am i gonna reciece a letter again?

i really need some advice. thanks!

How many times are you going to ask this question? You asked 3 times yesterday already (2 now removed)

Anyway, you answered your own question....

can i request a schufa credit report twice? my name at my mailbox got messed up by kids. so the letter got returned to sender. i just requested one again.

If you are German, why are you asking here anyway? Can't you simply call/mail Schufa?

Hi all

Please forgive me if this question has been asked and answered already on this site. I have looked to no avail.

My issue: the SCHUFA website has me tearing my hair out. Can anyone give me some pointers?

What I want is a once-off report to give to a prospective landlord. The website seems to offer these options:

1. A once-off report option, takes a few days in the post and costs 18.50 EUR. I expected it to cost 7.80 EUR but either the price has risen or I'm missing something (entirely possible). Oddly this allows free online access.

2. Unlimited online access for 18.50 EUR. Does not include the separate once-off report, though I imagine something similar could be printed off - right? Oddly one can get a once-off report "for the special price of 7.80 EUR", if you also buy online access.

Would be grateful to know if I have understood things correctly here and what others recommend.

Thanks!

1. A once-off report option, takes a few days in the post and costs 18.50 EUR. I expected it to cost 7.80 EUR but either the price has risen or I'm missing something (entirely possible). Oddly this allows free online access.

It includes 100 days identity theft protection, you have to opt out of the latter before they start charging you.

2. Unlimited online access for 18.50 EUR. Does not include the separate once-off report, though I imagine something similar could be printed off - right? Oddly one can get a once-off report "for the special price of 7.80 EUR", if you also buy online access.

My recent experience:

Just to check up on what these bozos have on me, I requested my report online last week, complete with name, date of birth, current address, previous address, bra size and bank account for paying by direct debit. Seriously, they wanted a sled-load of information.

Then they said: Hey, you're a foreigner! Please go to the post office and do the Postident thing. Great, no problem.

Then they said: The Postident didn't establish your identity, please send us your registration confirmation for your current address*. And, in a separate e-mail, they said please check your previous address as it does not tally with our last entry. But I had messed up on that one and given them the one previous to the last one (I have sort of repressed my 18 months in Unterschleissheim).

Today I got an e-mail: You have been cleared for online access. You will receive your PIN number, your Schufa XS card and the online information by snailmail within the next five days.

Online inquiry, my left foot.

*In my response I recommended that there should be a standard procedure for any applicant not provided with German ID to provide this confirmation online. Lessee if they even answer.

Did they sent you a form for the Postident thing and must you pay for it?

They e-mailed the form, I filled it out and jogged down to the post office. Stupid form, of course, did not say that I need proof of address as well. The post office covers the postage.

I paid EUR 18 by direct debit, this includes 100 days ID theft protection. Note to self: cancel!

Well, that was very interesting.

I got the Schufa XS-Card (size of a credit card) with a grid on the back with random letter and number combinations arranged in a A - J and 1 - 5 grid. To log in I have to use three random combinations, e.g. the letter/number combination under A3, B1 and H5.

Anyway, I now know what the bozos have on me. One of the credits (dish washer) was paid back in January 2008, that will be automatically deleted in three months (or else).

Another entry states that the claim has been repaid but it will still remain for a total of three years after payment. This is said to prove to new creditors that I tend to fulfill my obligations punctually and completely.

Then again, who wants new creditors?

My two credit cards are in there as well. I am glad to see that my obligations for my ex's loans have indeed been deleted.

I'll see about creating a Wiki entry or a pinned entry under Finances about Schufa and how to use it.

Definitely. The entry shows one paid credit (paid as agreed with the bank) and one current one (installments up to date), nothing else.