Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Catholic church wants to cancel the MTV awards

184 posts in this topic

I imagine that you are well aware it ultimately comes from the people who occupy this state and who supported your business , who happened to be , by and large Catholics. Democracy you might call it.

Supported...hahahahahahahaha...I could have done much better without the "support" of the local authorities - especially when they tell you not to have music on certain days...

You'll also find that the concept of democracy is much, much older than Catholisism - and has nothing to do with it

Kindly post examples of countries with no Catholic background which have precisely the same number of holidays.

I did a study last year comparing Bavaria and England.

In England if a holiday falls on a weekend you get it on the Monday and in Bavaria you just lose it.

The data I loked at it turned out that Bavaria in fact only had 1 more day a year over time or something.

@ ER

I imagine that , if you do within the confines of your house , that you may escape prosecution. For my part I'd grant you a Papal pardon , however please remember that "dancing" does not equate to "dry-fucking" and should bear some resemblance to the word "elegant". thx.

I thought sex was allowed, just music and dancing is taboo?

Canada, specifically Alberta has even more plus if any holiday falls on a weekend, you get the Monday after off in lieu.

Now really I do not wish to be the one to post up a definition of "exactly" to demonstrate how this is beside the point. That would be pedantic. Even for me. On a Friday.

Why does god care so much if you dance and sing on a particular day anyway?

If he does, he's a prick...

You are talking about someone who throws people in flames, watch them burn and asking why he cares about you singing?

Now really I do not wish to be the one to post up a definition of "exactly" to demonstrate how this is beside the point. That would be pedantic. Even for me. On a Friday.

Nice one - way to go...only losers of an argument start getting pedantic on points.

You'll find that countries that are/were officially atheist (former communist countries spring to mind) also have/had their share of holidays

Supported...hahahahahahahaha...I could have done much better without the "support" of the local authorities - especially when they tell you not to have music on certain days...

I write "people" , you write "authorities" , if you cannot distinguish between the two then perhaps we should start with the alphabet.

You'll also find that the concept of democracy is much, much older than Catholisism - and has nothing to do with it

Age implies what exactly oh sage? Cannibalism is much older than Catholicism , what's your point exactly?

Sorry, I don't understand this point, can you clarify?

Hey Parnell,

You realize the entire debate was not about whether we lived in a democracy or not. It was about whether the catholic church “tells

Nice one - way to go...only losers of an argument start getting pedantic on points.

You'll find that countries that are/were officially atheist (former communist countries spring to mind) also have/had their share of holidays

Only if you consider "philosophers" to be "losers". Ever taken a course in logic? How about rhetoric?

my point wasn't really to say that there would be more or less holidays, I've also no doubt there would be the same number - its just that many of the holidays we have at the moment have religious origins - but my point was more than I don't notice people starting threads on Good Friday complaining that the church has 'dictated' that they should have a day off work

I don't really see the problem with the church expressing a point of view just like any other citizen can. I'd rather there wasn't a church too but I see this as being one of their lesser misdemeanours, and accusing one of their members as having too much spare time is probably a little rich coming from any of us here on TT ;)

Yes I can. here.

I'm not messing with you, I really didn't understand what you meant with your post. I still don't

You asked if any non religious countries have more public holidays and I said Canada does. What did I miss? :unsure:

I'm not messing with you, I really didn't understand what you meant with your post. I still don't

He meant... I've taken a course in rhetoric and logic! This should prove my point :rolleyes:

Hey Parnell,

You realize the entire debate was not about whether we lived in a democracy or not. It was about whether the catholic church “tells

I don't notice people starting threads on Good Friday complaining that the church has 'dictated' that they should have a day off work

Good Friday is the other day when you is the other day the church doesn't want you getting ripped off your tits and dancing your rubber knickers off to chee-Z gay Euro house. :(

Kindly post examples of countries with no Catholic background which have precisely the same number of holidays.

You asked if any non religious countries have more public holidays and I said Canada does. What did I miss?

Of course getting away from the pedantic nature of my post , in reality the secular authorities would axe a ton of holidays (and owuld be right to IMHO) , but that is not the nature of this thread - which is about the dreadful way in which the Catholic church "tells" non Catholics how to live their lives.

You lot should start a charity. and emigrate.

my point wasn't really to say that there would be more or less holidays, I've also no doubt there would be the same number - its just that many of the holidays we have at the moment have religious origins - but my point was more than I don't notice people starting threads on Good Friday complaining that the church has 'dictated' that they should have a day off work.

I'm a contractor - and previously I owned my own business. So yeah, I'd rather be able to choose my own holidays than have them dictated to me (but that's a whole other point)