Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Certified translators for German to English

32 posts in this topic

Having spent a couple of days e mailing / calling and not getting very far I thought I would put my question here, I need a legal document translating and naturally need a price,

I am happy to PM the info (ie word count, characters with spaces etc) to a translator if someone is available or can recommend one in order to obtain a quote and time line.

Cheers Stan

Advertised translators: Certified translations

Send it. Or send me a PM - I cannot/will not do it, but I can help you find the right person.

I will need to have some documents (regarding a car leasing) translated from german to english.

Where can this be easily done in Munich? How much will it cost?

Thanks!

Topics merged by admin

Awww - thanks! But I don't do certified translations - or legal. If Ed Bob's suggestions doesn't work, send me a PM and I'll help you find someone.

Hello there,

I need a certified German - English translator to translate our German marriage certificate to English before my husband and I fly to Australia on the 26th of January. I need this done so that I can change my name to my married name back home in Oz. It would be really great if you'd available to do this in the next week to week and a half because I also need to find the time before we leave to get the translated document stamped with an Apostille.

Or,...if you're not a translator, but have used a German - English translator that you would like to recommend, then by all means post the details.

Cheers, and thanks

Mel

I need a recognized translator for translating my birth certificate from English to German. It is all of 4 sentences long, merely states the date and place of birht, parents' names etc. The official at KVR understood the certificate, but their rules require an official German version of it on their files.

Who is the cheapest of them all?

Thanks

Seeking

Hi Seeking - try Lisa's Office- she translated mine in a matter of days for 25€ (English to German) and she is a certified translator. I faxed her a copy of my birth cert. and she mailed the translated one (with the faxed copy of the original).

My wife is a certified translator "mit Stempel" and will do the occasional translation. She worked for the US government for over 16 years and specialized in legal & technical tranlations. Drop me a PM.

I need to get a copy made of my passport, and translations/ certifications made of possibly our rental agreement,my partners birth certificate etc.

Where is the best (cheapest) place to get this done. It needs to be certified for use in New Zealand if that makes a difference?

Hello All-

Against medical advice I have decided to marry a German. He will be coming to the US in August for the ceremony and must bring with him a certified English translation of his birth certificate. Does anyone know how he can accomplish this task?

Topics merged by admin

hi TT

I am recently applying for uk visa and need to translate my bank statements and payslips(12 months). And I called up a few translators in town and got asked for a couple hundred euros for that. Just wondering if any one here knows whether it is reasonable...

Thanks,

enmjl

Topics merged by admin

Absolutely impossible to say unless you tell us how long these documents are. But considering the high prices charged by certified translators due to their years of training and sought-after skills, it seems quite likely to be a fair price.

You also don't say which "town" you called around, but if you try either the UK or whichever country your papers come from then prices may be lower thanks to a larger pool of suitable translators.

sorry, should have put more info.

The bank statements are the standard ones from Deutsche bank about 24 pages. then 12 pages for my payslips. German to english

And I called the translators in Munich.

any advice will be much appreciated...

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a lawyer's letter in german that requires translation into English and certified. Anyone know how best (and cheapest!) to do this?

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

I'm looking for a certified translator to translate a document from English to German, for the KVR.

Any recent recommendations? I need it asap...

Thanks