Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Places to get pictures and paintings framed

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

can anyone recommend a place for leaving paintings/pictures etc for framing? Have been looking around at Kaufhof and Karstadt but no luck, had to buy some frames myself (which almost fits the paintings but not quite) and see if I can do it, the result will be so so since I am not very good at stuff like this.

Thanks!

There used to be a frame shop on Höhenstr. I am not sure if it is still there perhaps Little Britain or someone who walks that way to get to the U4 could say more...

I am also not sure if this is the kind of place you are looking for as I only ever walked by and never went in but I think they make frames. If I am passing there in the next fews days I will check for number/name and if it is still open.

Thank you Purple Muffin, you are always so helpful. Nice to have some time to hang around on TT, have been on project in Stuttgart an completely isolated...

The one Purple mentioned in Höhenstrasse in Bornheim (U4 Höhenstrasse, walking towards the Plus Markt) seems to be good, but I was quite disappointed by the prices. I gave up framing one of my paintings (about 40x65cm) when they said it would cost between 80 and 100 euros.

If you find a cheaper one let me know, please!

Thanks,

Clarisse

Not sure if you're still looking, but there's a place on Leipziger Str. called Hake that would probably do - the people are super-helpful. They're about 100m up from Bockenheimer Warte on the south side down a little alley. From Leipziger I think you can see a little cafe. They seem to have their act together. Not sure if they're expensive or not - I never really shopped around. Here's the details...

Hake Plakatgalerie

Leipziger Str. 35

60487 Frankfurt

Ansprechpartner: Herr Hake

Telefon: (0 69) 7 07 79 28

Fax: (0 69) 7 07 79 28

E-Mail: galerie-hake@freenet.de

Internet: www.galerie-hake.de

Hope it helps!