Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Translating "I'm sorry but that's simply bollocks"

13 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem with colleagues from another department attempting to mislead me with a deliberate misinterpretation of facts. Back in Blighty, amongst colleagues that I know pretty well I would have no qualms about using the above phrase in a light hearted manner but with the clear message that I will not accept what they are saying and they need to go back and think again.

Any suggestions for an appropriate phrase in German?

Thanx.

Ein interessanter Ansatz aber so leider nicht zu verwenden - An interesting approach but not applicable

Less formal: Quatsch mit Soße

My favorite: Gequirlte Scheiße - ad lib. mit Reis(e)

a phrase I heard recently (not applied to myself, I might add), was "hundertprozentige Überzeugungskraft bei völliger Ahnungslosigkeit", which I thought was quite cool

maybe you could work that one in somehow? :)

Do what the krouts do, and just use the word "bullshit", untranslated. They think it makes them look worldy.

a phrase I heard recently (not applied to myself, I might add), was "hundertprozentige Überzeugungskraft bei völliger Ahnungslosigkeit", which I thought was quite cool

maybe you could work that one in somehow?

I like it a lot, but I think I would struggle finding the variations of inflection that I can get with the original :)

Obviously depends on how good terms you are with them. If per Sie and still a little formal then I would use Urbanangels translations.

To my colleague here who I know quite well I would say 'Das ist ja Quark'

heh, heh. Gequirlte Scheisse. heh, heh. I'm adding that one to my repertoire.

Had to look up "Gequirlte". I don't think I will ever look at my whisk the same way again! :D