Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moving to Erlangen

25 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Reviving this old thread. We're moving to the Erlangen area and trying to decide between Vodafone and Telekom for internet/festnetz service. I am mostly concerned about consistency of service for the internet. Does anyone have any advice?

Hello and Welcome to Erlangen. 

Check if your area has vodafone cable connection. If it has, it's the best solution. I have been using their 100 mbps connection which comes with two Landline numbers and free calls to German Landline service. There was problem with their Internet two times last year which lasted for 1 to 2 hours but all of germany was effected. 

Also, the installation is very easy too. You register and within two to three days you get the device through DHL. And as soon as you connect it you are ready to go. The DSL Installation takes quite a while. 

For what it is worth, we also have Vodaphone cable. I have no complaints, but I can't comment on the Festnetz service, as we don't use it. Good luck with the move!

I am stunned, I have been working in the Nuremberg region for a few number of years and no TT activity.

Now all the Franken lurkers are coming forward.