Ryanair passenger experiences

203 posts in this topic

I think modern aircraft have pressurized holds, so why would it be that bad? Double decker standing room only probably is the most efficient way to fly...

I have been on 747s in Asia that felt like a rural bus, everyone smoking, walking around, eating. Just add a few chickens and maybe some heating or cooking fires to round out the ambiance.

i've been on an aeroflot flight in the soviet union onto which passengers had brought crates of fruit, and quite possibly live chickens (it was a long time ago)

i've been on an aeroflot flight in the soviet union onto which passengers had brought crates of fruit, and quite possibly live chickens (it was a long time ago)

And a wooden kitchen chair for the steward to sit on?

Think I might have been on that flight :)

I have flown with them twice or three times and have been fine every time. I mean you get what you pay for. No luggage went AWOL, the flight was only delayed once (due to storms in the UK) for a period of 45 minutes and the whole thing was just cheap and cheerful. Though, as a nervous flyer, it's not exactly helpful for the pilot, just before he takes off, to announce that this is his very first "proper flight".

According to the news on German tv, the Irish airline has well and truly dumped their passengers in Palma. Apparently Ryanair gave them their bags back and told them to look on the internet to find an alternative way home.

Such care and consideration for the well-being of their customers warms your heart doesn't it? B)

Such care and consideration for the well-being of their customers warms your heart doesn't it?

But lets face it, while they still offer cheap price (even if they are not transparent with their pricing) then people will continue to use them.

Afterall, They transported more international passengers last year than any other airline! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_lar...sengers_carried

I booked a return flight for my husband to London for a weekend in August. It cost €90 - to London and back!!! What service should I expect for that price? It pisses me off big time the amount of people complaining about Ryanair. If I want a slightly more friendly/comfortable flight I can choose another airline. (Well no airport is more convenient to us than Baden Baden, but still.)

Ryanair have their rules. That is one of the reason why their prices are the way they are. Ever since reading their terms and conditions I now worry about something yucky happening. Bottom line is, though, I still choose to fly with them (sometimes). (Therefore) I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Jeeese

I thought the one that was diverted to Barcelona and then returned to Weeze was good. 6 hour flight to get back to where you started and then Ryan air say - Oh you can rebook for free - So now 200 people need a new place and this week there are something like 15 seats available.

Cheap is one thing but that is taking the piss.

I booked a return flight for my husband to London for a weekend in August. It cost €90 - to London and back!!! What service should I expect ...

Hmm.. Interesting, until about May this year I have always been able to find a return flight to London (& I mean London, not Luton or Stanstead) with BA or Lufthansa for €90.

Ok I book well in advance & I am flexible on the times but I have the added benefit of not worrying about them trying to screw me over for any extras.

Though times may be a changing as BA has announced it will stop free sarnies on short haul (except for breakfast flights), no real loss there.

& that they now put a 25GBP flat charge on a bag over 23Kg.

I booked a return flight for my husband to London for a weekend in August. It cost €90 - to London and back!!! What service should I expect for that price? It pisses me off big time the amount of people complaining about Ryanair.

It is the sneaky charges that annoy me. There are rules with the credit card companies that you are not allowed to charge extra for credit cards - so they make it free for the obscure SOLO card (which nobody has) and then charge a "Payment Handling Fee" of £10 per return flight and online check in fee of £10 per return flight and finally £20 per 15 kilo bag on a return flight.

Only the latter charge is truly "optional". The Payment handling fee and online check-in are NOT optional, so it is deliberate misrepresentation. Also the fees charged for "Payment Handling" of £10 when compared to the FREE charge for a SOLO card are not representative of the true cost.

It just makes it bloody inconvenient when trying to compare a typical BA flight with a Ryanair. You have to add the sneaky £40 surcharge - assuming you actually wanna get on the plane and fly with a bag.

They do have some good deals, I just wish they would be a little more honest about it.

another benefit of Lufthansa & BA over ryanair, is that it is not necessary to wear sunglasses during the flight to avoid the yellow glare in the cabin

"yellow glare"?? - the Ryanair uniform is blue.

Orla Inka, the point that the passengers and the tv news were making is that other airlines were at least trying to help their passengers who were stranded. MOL puts up a "let us help you help yourselves" internet info. Maybe some passengers have internet on their phones, or maybe there might be the odd wireless point or couple of public use computers (doubt it somehow), but if you imagine yourself with the family, kids cranky,woken early to get their flight, everyone using small number of loos, lots and lots of noise and hassle, then I think you might expect more information at least, even from a cheap economy airline.

Not MOL's fault that ETA blew up a police car, but the speed at which he dumped his passengers was indecent.

another benefit of Lufthansa & BA over ryanair, is that it is not necessary to wear sunglasses during the flight to avoid the yellow glare in the cabin

"yellow glare"?? - the Ryanair uniform is blue.

I think he was referring to the sunny seats.

I actually was not following the ins and outs of the flight problem in Spain. I just know that it is in the T&C that we all blindly click "I accept" (which, when I read, made my stomach queasy and since then I worry a bit more ... )

Ryanair does not provide monetary compensation under Article 7 of EU Regulation 261/2004 for flights which are delayed or cancelled for reasons beyond Ryanair's control (extraordinary circumstances). You may therefore wish to ensure that you have suitable private insurance cover in force to cover such eventualities.

Yucky. But it is there, black and white. And, as I said, at those prices there is little else they can really put on, don't you think?

So they give no money back at all or just no compensation? If the service wasn't provided surely one should get the cost of the flight back at least?

Aaaah. Sunny seats - it's a while since I flew Ryanair. I really try not to.

No, don't suppose they do want to give any refunds, but in this instance they could have at least kept on a couple of ground staff to help the passengers to find alternative ways to get home, and to just help anyway. People, especially the little ones, have to be fed and watered, some will be sick, stressed, high blood pressure etc. Just to say "look on the internet" is a bit stupid and blinkered - not everyone has a blackberry or similar, or have their laptops with them when going on a beach holiday. But this way of behaving looks like par for the course with Ryanair.

Hmm.. Interesting, until about May this year I have always been able to find a return flight to London (& I mean London, not Luton or Stanstead) with BA or Lufthansa for €90.

Flew Lufthansa for 100Euro in July. London return.