Ryanair passenger experiences

203 posts in this topic

Yeah, you can book a one way from the UK to Germany with your German address and CC, we done this twice last year flying into Edin, then had to fly from Glas to Hahn. You can also use the option to pay by € or GBP.

So my question is can I book a single from UK to Germany using my German address and credit card? I'd like to know for sure before booking the singles to Stansted. Does anyone have any idea if it is possible or is there going to be some other 'charge' which of course wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Shouldn't be a problem. Ryanair don't actually do real return tickets, as in A to B and then B back to A. So all 'return' bookings are actually 2 unconnected singles, A to B and B to A.

Their credit card fee is per person per flight leg, so you'll pay the same charges anyway.

Anybody taken the Ryanair flight Memmingen to Stansted?

I was wondering how far the airport is from the train station in Memmingen, and if the flights are generally ontime (trying to get good train connections).

Anybody taken the Ryanair flight Memmingen to Stansted?

Unlikely, given that the first Ryanair flight to Stansted is on May 1

Memmingen station is 4km from the airport. There's a bus roughly every hour or so between station and airport costing €2.50

didn't know that it is not flying yet, my bad, I am looking at a flight in the summer, so didn't even notice that its not flying yet. Opps! lol!

I was trying to find info about the bus and train to get there. Thanks for the bus info

I only ever flew Ryanair once 6 years ago but now considering a Memmingen to Stansted flight.

Can someone update me on the TRUE costs of flying with these guys?

Looks like online check-in is €5 per head. (no way to avoid)

Payment handling fee is €5 per head. (no way to avoid). PER ONE WAY FLIGHT.

Checking in a bag is €10 per head. (no way to avoid, unless you can cram all gear for 2 people into 1 bag etc). PER ONE WAY FLIGHT.

And when I book online which method of payment avoids me being shafted? We would be a party of 2 adults. I assume there

is another credit card charge on top of the payment handling for a credit card?

It is NOT stated on their website if the online check-in fee of €5 is one way or for the two way trip?

Ta.

The payment handling fee is the credit card charge. There is no charge if you pay with Visa Electron (debit charge). The charges you list are per person, per flight (so double them if you take a return flight).

Summary of charges from Ryanair

post-72-1241427032_thumb.png

Curious that they charge the same Euro amounts as Sterling.

As you can see "online check-in" is stated as €5. I can pay with ELV but needs 10 days for clearance (which is OK).

But it is NOT clear of this is one-way or both ways?

I think I've reached the point with them where I just won't travel with them. I want a simple ticket and price , not to have to spend two days working out what it is I'm buying.

ELV is £5/€5 per passenger per flight...

You actually learn this when the time comes to enter your payment preference, prior to confirming the booking.

I booked a ticket with them Mem to Stansted in August, ticket was 50 Euro + 40 for check in and baggage check in so 90 in total. Still cheaper than flying Lufthansa to Heathrow and risk not getting my bag and the further distance to travel once I get to London.

ELV is £5/€5 per passenger per flight...

You actually learn this when the time comes to enter your payment preference, prior to confirming the booking.

Ok, we have ascertained and agreed that it is €5 for any type of payment method (ELV, credit card or whatever) PER FLIGHT.

I am still in the dark when it comes to "online check-in" as they do not state if the extra €5 is PER FLIGHT.

Also when do you pay this? Is it added as you purchase or do you need to get a credit card out again when you actually book-in (nightmare if using the 10 day ELV route of course).

OK have found it:

For passengers booking from the 19/3/09 onwards and travelling with checked baggage, the online check-in fee of £5/€5 per person/per flight will be charged.

Bollox to the Visa Electron 'cos I don't have one! And that is only a temporary deal anyway.

So to simplify for me and the other muppets that have not taken a University Degree in Ryanair pricing:

For those that do not have a Visa Electron card, and wish to carry 1 bag of luggage in the hold up to 15 kilos you must pay €20 per flight, each way. So €40 in real terms for any flight you book.

Therefore when comparing Ryanair to the equivalent real airline you must add €40 for every ticket to compare like-for-like. Not quite true actually cos the other airlines will let you book a seat,

give you grub and look after you if things go wrong.

As you can see I am just trying to get the REAL figures to compare like for like.

At this stage I am a bit buggered as they are the only guys with a flight home on the Sunday evening I would like at a humane time of the day. Hmmmmmmmmm.

It's still naughty as fuck 'cos whilst I appreciate you can clearly choose to fly only with hand luggage and save €20 on the round trip - the other €20 of check-in and payment are unavoidable (unless you currently

have a Visa Electron!). Bit tricky to avoid checking in - so that at least should be included in the price as it is NOT optional in any way, shape or form.

Next Question:

I have lots of Visa Debit cards which in theory are kinda better than Visa Electron - but I assume these DO NOT qualify, or else they would say Visa Debit and not only Visa Electron - so it is just a Ryanair promo to encourage

that particular card?

For those that do not have a Visa Electron card, and wish to carry 1 bag of luggage in the hold up to 15 kilos you must pay €20 per flight, each way. So €40 in real terms for any flight you book.

Sounds about right, so long as you take care to remove the travel insurance from the booking (not as easy as it sounds) and don't have any sports or musical equipment with you.

During the booking process they ask you an innocent question like "Would you like to be first on the plane?"... if you answer yes you get hit for the charge in the later roll-up...

Next Question:

I have lots of Visa Debit cards which in theory are kinda better than Visa Electron - but I assume these DO NOT qualify, or else they would say Visa Debit and not only Visa Electron - so it is just a Ryanair promo to encourage

that particular card?

It's only Visa Electron, for the simple reason that not many people have them.

This way, Ryanair don't need to state up front what their outrageous credit card fees for 99% of their cutomers actually are- they argue that it's free with Visa Eltron, and since you've chosen to pay with a different card, that makes it an optional charge, which doesn't need to be included up-front.

I just went through the booking process (10-17 June e.g.) and for 2 people round trip it is €60 for 1 bag each online check in, €80 1 bag each airport check in, €0 no bags online check in and €40 no bags airport check in.