Ryanair passenger experiences

203 posts in this topic

I think its disgraceful to charge people extra if their duty free doesn't fit into their hand luggage.

Please give me another Airline that gives me a 1 hour flight in a good AirPlane, with very well maintained time-schedule for only 10 EUR (sometimes 5 or even for 0.99 cents :))

And all these are parts of their terms and conditions, thats how they maintain their profitability even by selling 10 EURO seats. There is reason why RyanAir threw away all those trash-holders in the seats - cost saving. One pays 10 EUR for the basic flight, then extras for any other extra service they want to buy - which part of this is not clear? Will I fly Ryan on a Business trip? No. Will I fly it for a normal, "visitng a friend" trip? Probably, it would be in my top list at least.

Well for a start, it never actually costs just 99 cents does it? After tax and everything it works out to be quite a bit more. I guess Ryanair is just not for me when travelling home because I always bring loads of stuff back from England with me that I miss here. My luggage is usually already more than 15 kg on the first journey so their baggage policy is crap for me and I also use the hand baggage allowance to get away with more. Easyjet is perfect in that respect because there is no weight limit on hand luggage.

Yes, its very clear to me that you pay next to nothing for the flight and then get completely fleeced on other little basics.

Well for a start, it never actually costs just 99 cents does it?

I guess Ryanair is just not for me when travelling home because I always bring loads of stuff back from England with me that I miss here. My luggage is usually already more than 15 kg on the first journey so their baggage policy is crap for me.

Yes, its very clear to me that you pay next to nothing for the flight and then get completely fleeced on other little basics.

Sometimes there are some "FREE" flights, which are really free. Comes to 0.01 cents :D , but ofcourse rare occations, may be once every 1-2 months for 1-2 days there are some limited offers.

You are absolutely right, Ryan Air is not for "Coming Home", or "leaving home" flights, where one needs to have 30-40 Kgs of luggage in total. One just need to be careful to play in their own terms :D , and come out a winner :)

What people are also forgetting is that Ryanair sell "duty-free" items on-board, this new ruling encourages people to buy on the plane rather than inside the terminal. Pretty clever really, as those on-board sales have a higher profit margin than the flight itself.

The outcome was that it is perfectly possible to operate with 1 pilot using current aircraft systems on most inland routes (without a significant level of safety decrement) ...

I don't know how many TTers regularly read the monthly reports from the Bundesstelle für Flugunfalluntersuchung BFU.

I regularly do and recall more than one incident to the effect "the captain felt unwell and the first officer landed safely at the destination".

I think its disgraceful to charge people extra if their duty free doesn't fit into their hand luggage. And 30 quid is extortionate ...

But to be fair, they only charge half-price if you buy it on the plane...

I use El Cheapo airlines quite a bit - usually Easyjet as they fly direct from Berlin SXF to Bristol, where I used to live. I've also used Ryanair a few times.

Problems have mainly been with Ryanair. On their Stansted to Salzburg flights, their scheduling allowed insufficient time at Salzburg for re-fuelling and turnaround, so the flights were invariably late. On one occasion, I had to wait for more than an hour at Stansted for baggage - nobody on the Ryanair desk to ask - probably they were hiding. Twice on Ryanair the cabin crew personnel who did the information/safety announcements were totally incomprehensible.

"Frankfurt" Hahn is a bigger joke than "London" Stansted, but as I was travelling to and from Bernkastel on the Mosel or Bingen am Rhein the airport is conveniently situated. Am I right in thinking that Ryanair's "Hamburg" airport is in Lübeck and that "Barcelona" is, in fact, Girona?

Ah well, cheap airlines are - well, cheap airlines.

Having recently flown with Ryanair I must sing their praises. I flew from Berlin to East Midlands. €20 return including taxes and fees. Admittedly I didn't take any bags with me just a carry on. I used the on-line check in service and was able able to go straight to security and jump any queues. The flight arrived 15 minutes early both ways. I got a nice cup of tea for €3.50 during the flight. Couldn't fault them at all to be honest.

Same experience I had in my Berlin-Stolkholm return flight. I can only hope that more and more Airlines are able to copy their business model, and rival their price/performance ratio...

Am I right in thinking that Ryanair's "Hamburg" airport is in Lübeck

That is correct.

And your point is???

Its not unknown for a cockpit crew member to fall ill during the flight (see www.bfu.de) & thus if there was only one in the cockpit...

Beg pardon Miss.

Please don't dock my wages. I promise not to mention it again.

Pay-per-pee is not a Ryanair passenger experience - at least not yet! ;)

Here's my twopen'orth- Many years ago I booked with Ryanair Stansted-Friedrichshafen (BodenSee). We all boarded the plane, and while we were boarding there was a truck load of baggage on the tarmac beside the plane. Didn't give it much thought at the time, and off we went. Arrived at Friedrichshafen, went to the baggage carousel, and nothing, and then a bit later, still nothing, and finally an announcement- Your luggage was not on the plane. The next Cryin' Air flight was the same time the following day. I only had the bag I was carrying. My friend came from Villingen to pick me up, and then the following day we returned, and by some miracle the incoming aircraft not only had the luggage for its own passengers, but ours as well. It wouldn't have been so bad, but it was a long way for my friend to drive, and the stuff in the bags was needed for a project and so we were delayed by 24hrs. What bothers me is how the twits at Stansted closed the baggage hold door without realising that there was actually nothing in there, and how the pilot did not notice that a planeload of people was somewhat lighter than usual. Did no-one back at Stansted wonder why there was a truckload of baggage sitting by the apron after the plane had departed. Did nobody think to pass a message to the captain while he was still in radio contact with Stansted? Could he not have turned back? (After all, it was not our fault they didn't load the baggage)

Maybe some of you have had uneventful flights with Roianair, but if there's any doubt in your mind, use EasyJet to the UK, or Air Berlin within Europe

Consider yourself lucky they didn't charge you extra the next day for shipping unaccompanied luggage. <_<

They get you from A to B and are cheap.Similar to a discount store you get what you pay for.Ive never had any complaints yet.