Ryanair passenger experiences

203 posts in this topic

Yeh, and do you think without Ryanair that your fare would have still be 100 euro? Ryanair are most certainly good for the flying public (probably not for the environment and the small towns that get flooded with skanky cheap holiday folks). They have driven the prices down and compared with other "budget" airlines (think easyJet, who are really not budget anymore in terms of price most of the time) they really do offer exceptionally cheap flights most of the time.

...BA ...

& that they now put a 25GBP flat charge on a bag over 23Kg.

It seems that it is still at the discretion of the checkin staff, as the missus and I managed to get away with this when flying back from Japan earlier this year with BA.

Yeh, and do you think without Ryanair that your fare would have still be 100 euro? Ryanair are most certainly good for the flying public (probably not for the environment and the small towns that get flooded with skanky cheap holiday folks). They have driven the prices down and compared with other "budget" airlines (think easyJet, who are really not budget anymore in terms of price most of the time) they really do offer exceptionally cheap flights most of the time.

I agree. Its Airlines like RyanAir and EasyJet that have driven down the AirFare past 5 years, lets admit that. Without RyanAir and EasyJet type Airlines, we would have been still paying 300 EUR for a 1.5 hour return flight in Big Airlines, which we still do where we dont have Ryan or Easy flights. I paid 450 EUR last year for a Dresden-Hamburg-Dresden flight on a quite old TurboProp driven noisy, shitty flight, why? There were no other alternative.

Desperate need of help here.

Flight leaves 8am tomorrow.

Have tried checking in online, saying I am due them money and to phone reservation centre.

Reservation centre now closed for night.

See blurb on ryanair.com about not being able to check in at airports anymore and this bloody phone number not working till 8am SAME TIME AS FLIGHT.

I think Im totally goosed...ANYONE can offer any advice?

Unashamedly bumping this. Has anyone come across in the past some out of hours number or something similar? I have no idea what to do.

Well, you should be able to check in online up to 3 or 4 hours prior to flight. (But you know that.) If you can't get through online or over the phone, I'd take a screen capture of the message you're getting that's telling you can't check in online (full is better, so it's hopefully got a clock or date somewhere) and save it as a PDF and print it to bring with you. You should also write them in e-mail or fax them, along with this print out, so it's time stamped and you'll have a record.

Not much help, but it's covering your bases as far as I can tell. Best of luck.

Edit: They'll let you on your flight, of course, but after they ding you. The bastards changed their policy while we were away and had already had tickets booked under the old policy. Didn't matter to the lady (term used as a gentleman but not meant) that was willing to strand us in Italy until we paid. Fight the good fight, man.

Cheers bohemka. Sounds like the best I can do.

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit! :)

I've used Ryanair on about 10 different occasions and they've successfully brought me from point A to point B every single time (100% success rate). Other than that, I guess the plane has landed slightly sideways once or twice.

As a student on a budget, I love them dearly.

Did you actually want to leave Point A or travel to Point B? Was it ever an issue that Points A and B are often in the middle of no-where, and usually many, many miles away from the towns they are named after?

Was it ever an issue that Points A and B are often in the middle of no-where, and usually many, many miles away from the towns they are named after?

I regret having booked to go to Durham via Prestwick, because I thought it was nearer than London. Worst was the fact that train services in GB are crap .. and even crappier at weekends. Shall we blame Ryanair for that, too? It was scary getting back to Prestwick on that Sunday. I was the one to blame for that nightmare. I should have done my homework properly.

It looks like Ryanair has scrapped flights to Dublin from Baden Baden. That is unfortunate. However, because of Ryanair other airlines are following suit-ish with cheap flights and stuff. For example, Aer Lingus does the same baggage palaver as Ryanair. It is so much cheaper now than it was some years ago.

Strange is: That it sometimes costs more to take the train 130km to Frankfurt Airport (the "real" one) than it does to fly to Ireland.

According to the Daily Mail Ryanair are now going to start charging €1 to use the loo, and in the coming summer months a suitcase will cost €20 (as opposed to €15) to check-in.

Surprised Michael O'Leary hasn't thought of using outside toilets.

Now he really is taking the piss.

We flew to Treviso recently and apart from the usual scratch cards they are now selling smokeless cigarettes to be used on board.

...and charging for it too, apparently...

if that's the case, I won't be buying anything from the trolley in future

On a more positive note, I had to fly from Schoenefeld to East Midlands last weekend, out on friday back on monday. Booked tickets on thursday 1st April, €145 return including all extras. Both flights arrived early. Schoenefeld security is appallingly slow though (even worse than previous flights)

according to this article, ryan air is also looking at removing the possibility of any checked luggage on flights at certain times of days.

Awesome public relations.

“People are packing way too much; women bringing four pairs of shoes, hair dryers, that sort of thing.”

I actually do agree, a reduction in baggage is beneficial to everybody. Now how about increasing the space for each passenger a little and I think most people would be happy not to check bags in for short trips?

Revival!

Looking at the Ryanair website, I wanted to book a short trip to Edinburgh before Christmas.  They are showing no available flights Hahn to Edinburgh in November and December.

Anyone with any idea why?

Holding off for a price hike/sale

Hahn airport trouble?

Normal behaviour for Ryanair?

18 minutes ago, bobD said:

Revival!

Looking at the Ryanair website, I wanted to book a short trip to Edinburgh before Christmas.  They are showing no available flights Hahn to Edinburgh in November and December.

Anyone with any idea why?

Holding off for a price hike/sale

Hahn airport trouble?

Normal behaviour for Ryanair?

It's a bug in RyanAir's website. Search for specific days instead.

Edit: I just searched and coulnt find either. And I searched on a specific date. :(