Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cheapest way to get to Paris from Frankfurt

13 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I am trying to plan a real tight-budget trip to Paris in October(from frankfurt).

I've checked a lot of train and airline websites but I would appreciate it if someone who has done it before can tell the best way to go...

Thanks in advance :)

92€ by plane STB, round. Cheaper than the day train you proposed. Night train is better & coach? Ugh, but yeah, had not thought about that.

The plane's headline rate may seem cheaper, but you have to factor in the cost and time of getting to and from the airports at both ends, the added stress levels and the lower comfort. Some anarchists also consider the social and environmental costs of flying, especially over such a ridiculously short distance.

STB, with the train, you also have to factor in the time and cost of getting to the Hbf (unless you live right there). For me, the airport and the Hbf both take about 20-25 minutes. I don't find flying any more stressful than catching Intercity trains. At least with a plaen you get a reserved seat without having to pay extra.

I'm off this weekend with DBA for 52 return - that was booked before airberlin bought them - not sure if they do cheap deals or not - might be worth a look.

Also, I saw an ad for Parisbus or something like that. If you search the forum, you may find the other thread where the link is poted.

Whether you get a reserved seat depends on the airline; the budget airlines don't have reserved seats, for example. On the train they cost €1.50 each way, which is hardly crippling. I think we're living in a pretty fucked up world where people are flying from Frankfurt to Paris. These flights need to be taxed out of the sky.

I heard that there some really cheap buses that go to Paris, anyone knows anything about this? I want to go from frankfurt to Paris in October.

Thanks

Topics merged by admin

Visit www.eurolines.com you will find there conections for about all Europe.

I think you get some good discount if you make reservation well ahead of the departure date.

have a look to airfrance site

I paid only 100euro fra>cdg a/r.

I think it is really cheap if you consider that it takes 1,5h of travel (+check in time for sure).

take care

marco

Just booked (for a trip in Nov) and the ICE day train was €64- return incl reservation. It's some special that may be applicable and available for your planned travel dates as well. It's an early rise, but the 6am get's in about 10:30, so you get a full day on first travel day, and the return goes around 18:30 and get's into FFM before 23:00.

Re the stress level of Flying vs Train - depending on arrival and departure times at CDG, it's worth it to catch the train IMO. Not sure where the cheap flights land, but Roissy can't be better, and Beauvais is, well, as much Paris as Hahn is FFM. Getting into Paris-Est is a normally a big releif compared to negotiating my way through CDG.