TT Paddlers - canoeing and kayaking group

328 posts in this topic

Colin, 22nd Sept would be good for me also for a blast in the Eiskanal. I too have been hammered in the Orchy!! Perhaps, to go along with your slides, I`ll add a wee nip or two in my boat! Look forward to it!!

Dave

Just returned from the cellar and found all my boating gear to be present & correct, so looks like Saturday the 22nd is on. I could do with 20 mins of flat water rolling practice first, just to get my shit together again, then I can go and eat some big time cubic-feet-per-second bubbles. I'll put the camera in, take some action shots after I get sick of swimming;-) Let's hope the sun is shining. Anybody else coming along?

-Colin.

There is a rafting outfit out at Augsburg, I think the Eiskanal would be a blast in a paddle boat. i`ll try and find a link, but am sure if you Google rafting Augsburg, it will bring up the site. Where is the Vlata river?

thanks for the tip,

The Vlata starts near the Czech-Austrian Boarder- we started in Vissy Brod and paddled up to Czesky Budjwovic (spellling- where they make the Budwar). It goes further on thru Prague.

The way I see it is that if the MadAxeMurderer from Ireland was to show up, Colin the Scot & JG from England also, I could fill in for a Welshman as I do oddly enough speak Welsh...then we would have the proverbial Englishman, Scotsman, Irishman & Welshman...all eating bubbles in the Eiskanal. Oh, there is an Aussie also on here that may come along to partake the colonial carnage... :)

polarquest, you must be referring to me!

I asked for visitors and they're all coming to visit me here. The only weekend I have free is 15/9 - 16/9 until the beginning of Oct. Hopefully you guys are planning a trip that weekend. Otherwise, let me know when I can join a crash course one evening.

I asked for visitors and they're all coming to visit me here.

It's because we've had (and are getting more) visitors that I *need* to get on the water... :blink:

JG

Hi Chantilly...yes, you where the refered to one!!! 16th I`ll be out at Augsburg. Evenings though are generally good, perhaps we can set etc, so we could combine that. PM me what evenings would suit you and I`ll see what I can co-ordinate.

MadAxeMurderer, are you up for joining us at the Eiskanal on the 22nd? If you have some gear, I can loan you a boat...

Dave

hi OR HI ANGIN TO THOUSE WHO ALEREADY KNEW ME

I AM UP FOR WEEKEND PADDLES

I LIE AT MOOSCH SO QUITE NEAR ECHING

JAMES

Kayaking Dates:

Sunday 16th September, Afternoon flat water paddling Eching. Call or email me if you need a ride/pickup (Lohof Station)

Sunday 23rd September. Augsburg Eiskanal. Whitewater, Beer & Food. Chance to get wet, be hammered in the washmachine, meet other paddlers etc etc etc. Again, call or email me if you need a ride out there etc.

Dave

0-1510110-45454

info@polarquest.us

I'm good for both the 16th and the 23rd paddles.

I'm also open to offering lifts* if anyone needs one.

@PQ: Have you agreed a meet-up time/place with anyone yet? If not then I'd suggest 11:00 at your place for the 16th and maybe a bit earlier on the 23rd to allow for the drive.

JG

* I'll be travelling from the NE corner of Munich.

Good session yesterday.

Just to confirm what we discussed in prep for next week at Augsburg...

1) I'm okay to drive and can take a roof load of boats

2) We should make a day of it with an early(ish) start, probably meeting at PolarQuest's (near Lohhof SBahn) to load cars etc

3) A day ticket is Eur14 (if anyone is checking)

4) I'll take the portable BBQ and arrange for jacket potatoes and chilli (or such like) for eats

JG

Sorry for the late reply, just back from 2 weeks holiday. I'd love to come on Saturday but probably am not going to make it. So count me out out for this one.

Eiskanal meet is on SUNDAY 23rd...

Non paddling, wanna paddle, has been paddlers...or anyone else for that matter arewelcome to join us...!

curious to try this out, but surely it's going to be a bit cold on sunday ? I know I'm frozen after cycling in to work this morning!

curious to try this out, but surely it's going to be a bit cold on sunday ? I know I'm frozen after cycling in to work this morning!

The adrenaline warms you up.

So, happy paddlers, shall we meet up about 12-noon at the Eiskanal?

Any chance I could hitch a lift with someone ? Also what should I bring with me ? ;)

I figure while it might be sunny, the water isn't gonna be a nice 24c ;)

Plans for Sunday paddling at Augburg:

JG, can you meet me here at Lohof to load boats, gear etc at 10am, that should put us in Augsburg at about 11-11.30 ? Also are you able to pick up James? (James are you coming?)...

There are a couple of you in the city, both needing rides, there are at least two others travelling from the city with vehicles. If you have space for those needing rides, can you post here or PM them to make arrangements.

The alternative is to ride out to Lohof station on the Sbahn, and either JG or I can tie you on the roof with the boats.

JG, are you still good to bring the grill? If we all bring along something we should be good.

I`ll post directions to the Eiskanal here shortly.

Email or call me if you need to know anything further. 0151-110-45454

Dave

Hi All,

Just read the post about the canoeing, sounds a familiar story. Haven't paddled to speak of since the 80s when canoeing was my life. I still have a premier image here in Germany but it's seen better days and not sure if it's up to the Kanal. Very tempted to try and meet up with you on Sunday. God where the hell is the rest of my gear???