TT Paddlers - canoeing and kayaking group

328 posts in this topic

AugustCami - thanks, but not sure it's quite what I'm after (mostly people to go boating with). Having said that I need some climbing kit and looks like they have lots of that!

Hey kayakbetty - Thanks for that - I know 4-paddlers.com but hadn't noticed the rodeo spots thing, so thanks. Also found http://www.playboaters.de/view.php?my_id=247 . Generally it's quite difficult to know what's up to date and what's not, though. I guess it's best if I join a club if there's not an active paddling community here on Toytown - hope my german is up to it!

Mark

hi Mark, glad I could help. i'm assuming like me you're into whitewater/playboating etc. I found that the threads on here were more geared towards touring and canadian. If you're into river running and creeking - check out rivers.raft.cz. Its stacked with detailed maps of germany, czech, austria etc. it also has the grades and restrictions.

also there is a really good playboating spot at Plattling not to far from you. and there is a manmade whitewater course at Augsburg and a terrific one in Leipzig. both of them have websites.

lastly there is a world cup freestyle event every year at Plattling and Augsburg. I go every year - its well worth the drive.

good luck, Kayakbetty.

Hi, I'm new in the canoeing sport and wondered if anyone could advise me on where to buy a second-hand (read: inexpensive) folding boat? I have checked the usual suspects as ebay, quoka, and have already contacted wildmountain.de but I'd appreciate any further tips and advices.

Thank you, Jean-Louise

I'm moving back to the states at the end of the month from Frankfurt. I have two boats I am ready to part with cheaply as I don't really want to move them.

One is a nearly new Jackson Mega Rocker, the other is a well loved, but still good crazy 88 (6'3"). Picture attached. If anyone needs a boat or knows where I can sell the river boats to someone who would use them please let me know!

100Euro or best offer for the play boat (best offer probably accepted)

300Euro obo for the Creek boat. It's hardly been used.

Thanks!

Brandon

post-85337-13235536007957.jpg

post-85337-13235536023371.jpg

post-85337-13235536181109.jpg

If nobody needs a boat, maybe someone can recommend a place near Frankfurt where I can drop it off before leaving? I'm not taking the small one with me. It's been good, but It's slightly small for me (I'm 6'1") so I'll get one that fits me better when I head back to the states. It's a perfectly great boat that I'd rather donate to someone who will use than to just put in someone's cellar.

Cheers,

Brandon

Pick one of the many boating verines on the south side of the main and drop it off

The biggest being on the south bank at the Alte Brucke, the other being Boothaus Dreyer at the Eiserner Ste.

You can also try the Frankfurt Canoe Verine @ Schaumainkai 90 - Ph. 069 638284