TT Paddlers - canoeing and kayaking group

328 posts in this topic

It sounds like you could usefully contribute as instructors! How would you feel about lending us some of your expertise?

Agree with JR, Augsburg is not the best place for a basic safety session for all the reasons listed. I know we thrash the location to death, but the Ismaning Bridge could work..or..the place we went last year at Talkirchen...that had a good eddy, a place we could set up a "pin & extraction", Z drags etc, plus the adjacent flat pool for other stuff...

Whatever the location, we should plan this sooner rather than later. Who is interested in doing this ?

Dave

Yep me to.

BTW after a discussion with Dave about paddling in Sweeden came across a site www.rainchasers.com Not sure if anyone else come across this already but check out the movies especially the one paddling Ingleton falls. These guys make it look so easy...until the end that is.

Definitely interested.

@JayGee: Whooaaaa...key words there were "aaaages ago". ;)

Instructing...that's crazy talk...

We do! But it's been a while. Last time I checked, I can go through a Class III, albeit not-so-elegantly. My husband can paddle through Class IV, style through these rapids would also be debatable :)

So when are you going to join us on the water then?

Go on, you know you want to! :)

For anyone who is interested in picking up (or selling) a second hand boat, Blue and White in Rosenheim are holding a market on the 12th April, I went to one of these last year and there was a wide range of boats available.

Liebe Paddelfreunde,

die Saison geht schon richtig los und wir haben bereits die ersten Veranstaltungen für Euch vorbereitet:

Wassersportflohmarkt am 12.04.08 ab 09:00 h am Laden | Eichenstraße 3 | 83083 Riedering/Niedermoosen

Verkauf von Privat an Privat

Im Laden gibt es an diesem Tag wie gewohnt viele Schnäpchen

Test- und Verleihboote zu Topkonditionen 2. Wahl und Auslaufteile mit bis zu 50 % Rabatt auf den Normalpreis

I've submitted my project, and am now ready to come out of hibernation, and get seriously wet. Hope the sunlight doesn't blind me.

Any tips on kayaking here in Munich? Am a novice kayaker (had 2 sessions back in Sweden last summer) with no equipment whatsoever. Clubs? Courses? General meet-ups?

Thanks in advance!

I´d also be interested. I´m a novice-intermediate paddler, and I have everything here except a boat. I´m located in Augsburg.

I think we're overdue for trip to Augsburg...

Any interest for a meetup there on Sunday 4th May?

(Maybe another BBQ too if the weather gods are willing)

Haha, I'm in Ireland from May1 to May6th. I'll stay dry a while longer I guess.

What the hell am I talking about??? Dry, Ireland