New in Stuttgart (or new to this forum)

442 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am from Göppingen, about 45km away from Stuttgart. I want ( ed ) to move to Stuttgart but so far no luck. But it is always a pleasure to have/ make friends, especially some English speaking friends while I am not yet very comfortable in Deutsch

hallo TTers,

i just move to stuttgart few weeks ago and i found it bored to death without anyone to hang out. i love sport and would prefer to play badminton, tennis if anyone want to join me.

i live in vaihingen-rohr so any new comers and english speaking people are most welcome. we can also go for a movie, coffee, eating together etc. i will be here for at least 6 months for my job. PM me if you have any suggestion..!!

okay see ya around ;)

Hello everyone,

My name is Ray,and I'm knew to the forum,and I need some help.On 21 july 2013 I will be travelling to the Czech Republic for

business and from there I'll be taking vacation making stops in Berlin,Hanau,Wiesbaden,and Stuttgart Germany.I knew my way

around Europe when I was stationed in Berlin back in the late eighties,but that was a while ago.So my first question is can

someone recommend a decent barber in Stuttgart who cuts african american hair without messing it up? And my second question is

do the locals still have bed-and-breakfast that they rent to Military and DOD civillians? All help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Ray

Hi everyone

I'm a fun girl from Hong Kong and just moved to Aalen (1 hr ride from Stuggart) to join my German boyfriend and now looking for English speaking friends to hangout together, coffee, beer, movie, shopping, dinner, lunch, hiking... anything. I would like to explore more about Germany and please let me know if you would like to meet up.

Cheers,

Ling

Hey all!

I'm new to Stuttgart and don't really know anyone so I've come on this forum in search of a mate. I'm 20 and a student from Chester, UK but I'm currently interning at a charity in Stuttgart. Work hours means its a little difficult to do things during the week but at night or on the weekend I'm always free. I just want to get out and experience as much as I can of Stuttgart and Germany. I'm here until late August\early September. Please just get in touch. I'm up for doing anything really!

Cheers for reading!

Rhys

Hi there,

I am in Stuttgart until August doing a research project at the University of Hohenheim. I'm here from Guelph, ON, Canada. Since I arrived part way through the semester, I didn't really get a chance to meet other international students, and making friends with Germans is proving somewhat difficult - I am only now starting to learn the language. I like nature, hiking, biking, all types of food, beer, coffee, and science!

Richard

Hi All

I just moved to Stuttgart for my postgraduate studies. I am looking for new friends, preferably girls.

I like movies, pubs, bowling, ... and cultural activities (museum, exhibition, etc.).

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi Toytown!

Firstly I would like to thank all the members of this forum as some of the posts have been invaluable towards my transition from the UK to Germany, for example locating a place to wash my clothes haha :)

Well, the title summarizes everything really, I know there are similar posts in the forums but those have been from some time ago. I relocated to Stuttgart two weeks ago and although I am really enjoying my time here is just not the same without anyone to hang out with, practically I am going crazy, the weather is so nice lately and having no one to enjoy it with is a shame and I don't want to ask people from work out already!

Please drop me a message if you are willing to meet up to do virtually anything :) , I particularly up for a drink, a coffee or if you are into sports I am training for triathlon and also love playing squash, now I need to find someone to play with, and of course a squash court haha!

I am also interested in language exchange, I would love to learn some German (already signed up for a class starting in September). I can teach you some Greek if you want ;)

Looking forward to your messages,

Best Regards,

I.

Hi everyone!

I'm from Perth, Western Australia and just moved to Aalen to be with my fiance (80km from Stuttgart). I've been to Germany a number of times over the past few years and I'm happy to call it home for now :) At the moment I'm at the final stages of writing my thesis (bioinformatics) and am SO looking forward to moving on with my life! :P I'd love to join if there are any meetups in Stuttgart :)

Hi everyone

I'm a fun girl from Hong Kong and just moved to Aalen (1 hr ride from Stuggart) to join my German boyfriend and now looking for English speaking friends to hangout together, coffee, beer, movie, shopping, dinner, lunch, hiking... anything. I would like to explore more about Germany and please let me know if you would like to meet up.

Cheers,

Ling

Hey Ling!! What a lovely coincidence! I live just over in Hüttlingen, about 7km away from Aalen. We'll be moving to an apartment in Unterrombach in August, and would love to meet up for coffee sometime if you are keen!

Hello everyone, I have been looking at Toytown for a while now while I went through my resident permit process and am now living in Oberturkheim. I am 26, love to play music and go dancing and am happy to have some sunshine this month. If anyone wants to meet up or go to a nice event please let me know. I am originally from St. Louis MO but have lived in North Carolina, California, Thailand and now here :) For any fellow travelers that want to share some stories.

Hassan

Hey all, a heads up that I'm moving to Stuttgart in the next 6 weeks ;)

I'm familiar with the place myself as my gf lives there already so if anyone is up for doing any sport (tennis, badminton, football, cycling etc) or other social activities I'm sure we'd be up for it

Hi and from me everybody.

Living in the Schwartzwald are in VS and bored to death. 28 year old single guy that is interested in

everything that is interesting. Trips to Switzerland or France, beers around in Stuttgart or in VS

if possible, generally looking to have a good time.

If your bored to death too just send me a message.

Greets

Hi everyone my name is Luis im 23 years old and i come from Colombia, also I lived in the US for about 9 years, now my life brings metro Germany Arrived here 2 days ago (10/08/2013---08/10/2013) i want to meet people from other countries to know about their culture i love to play football (both) i like to have a drink with friends and to chill anywhere possible , someone told me about a pub called biddy earlys so if anyone interestedim up to meet new people

Hello,

I just arrived here into Pufflingen/Reutlingen for work for two year assignment. I'm coming from Gujarat, INDIA and I am new to Germany. I was wondering if anyone would like to meet up sometimes within the area, since being new to the city can make friend-making quite difficult.

I am also Learning German from Volkshochschule –Reutlingen but not practice much. So if possible then you can make my German language better :) .

Also, I was wondering if anyone like to learn English from me. I was considering, for the weekends, to offer tutoring to any students looking. Thanks guys!

Best, Dev

Hi everyone,

My name is Osama, I'm originally from Egypt but I lived in the US (Seattle) for a while, I'm currently on a 6-month internship here at Sony, I'm in Germany till February, 2014. I live in Wangen, near Untertürkheim (that is a bit east of Stuttgart Ost).

Although I'm learning the language, it honestly feels good to speak English and be understood! :) I'm usually up for most activities, football, basketball (even though I'm not that good at them), canoeing/kayaking, jogging, movies, hikes, anything really!

I can also hang out on weekdays, and "natürlich" the weekends, I do not drink beer or wine though. But I can appreciate a good bacon BBQ :D

Hello,

I am from a seaside town on the North-East coast of Yorkshire although I mostly enjoy life here I do miss not being near the sea. Seaside air is just pure heaven along with the fish and chips of course.

Hi!

I'm Molly, I'm 18 and from the UK. I have recently moved to the Stuttgart area to be an au pair for a family, but I would love to meet some new English speaking people of my own age range. I like to go for coffee, lunch etc. shopping, cinema, drinks in the evening, ice skating, swimming...basically I will happily do most activities! If you would like to meet, please get in touch!

Thanks,

Molly :)

Hey guys,

I just started a position teaching English through the Fulbright Program and am living in Schwäbisch Gmünd. I am really enjoying my city so far, but don't know much about Stuttgart at all (I live 45 minutes away by the Regio). If anyone is interested in exploring the city or anything else in the region, please message me!

Alexa