Random pointless comments

7,003 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

Excellent question hoops!  To build on that a bit..   Lets say you're a lumberjack and you walk into a forest, tell an edgy joke, cut down a tree, but the tree doesn't understand the joke and why you cut it down. Do you think it's stumped and outraged?

Edgy ... close to the word " edge " and, as a lateral thinker, and because you love music.. may I be so bold?

Close to the Edge ( Yes ).

For you:

https://youtu.be/51oPKLSuyQY

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

Edgy ... close to the word " edge " and, as a lateral thinker, and because you love music.. may I be so bold?

Close to the Edge ( Yes ).

For you:

https://youtu.be/51oPKLSuyQY

I member that tune, but my fav song from that vinyl is 'And you and I'

If you get too close to the edge its all downhill from there if you're not careful.

I didn't like being served a luke warm cheeseburger today- even though it was 35C.

But the real issue is- if I can't tear open a mini- tomato sauce sachet with my bare hands or even cut it open with the knife - what hope is there?

And, no, I can't get the strength to use that bloody key on that Fray Bentos tin of corned beef, either.😩

What next? Can't open a door?😖

On 7/30/2021, 12:00:31, john g. said:

...if I can't tear open a mini- tomato sauce sachet with my bare hands or even cut it open with the knife - what hope is there?

Oh my,  boomer issues playing out before our eyes.  Gee John, let us know how this ends up

Sometimes I like to pretend that my mother is a podcast or radio anchor where people can call in for her daily topics, and I dial in...

ring, ring, ring..   Mom answers

"Mom:  Hi, for today, we're discussing the recent issue concerning the Jan 6 insurrection and newly formed investigative committee.  Who am I speaking to?"

"Me:  Hi Mommy, thank you for having me..."

kinky eh?

So many of 'em about, Alex. Starting to think it is the new normal.

The author of the Winnie the Pooh books, A. A. Milne has a smaller brother ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... A. A. A. Milne.

Laugh and the world laughs with you ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... cry and you're through to the next round of X Factor.

On 8/2/2021, 10:37:21, hooperski said:

.  .  .   -  -  -   .  .  .

Hoops,  I accept your remorse code apology

Random pointless joke:

participant 1 says he taught his dog (participant 3) morse code.

"Aye right show me." participant 2 says.

participant 1 turns to dog and asks "who's been a good boy then?"

Dog uses paw on ground. Tap tap pause tap long pause tap pause tap pause tap long pause tap pause tap pause tap long pause tap tap tap pause tap

"what he say?" participant 2 asks

"woof" participant 1 says on behalf of dog

Funny how the mind suddenly switches back to remembering a new word for the first time. A minute or two ago, I remember having watched a Western on the telly and hearing an old man addressed as " old timer."

I quite liked that and still do. 

( PS: the next stage is being addressed as " hello, timeless one." That might take some people convincing of yet, though!)😂

People who think that the Covid vaccine will modify their genetic make-up, would actually benefit from the transformation.

According to 'unnamed' TT observers..  I'm "extraordinary, offbeat, weird and wonderful".  I was hoping for "strange and lovely"

Me getting a greenie from Dessa these days is like squeezing blood out of a turnip turned to stone.

...<> --- ... --- []

that's aborigine click for "whats up muthafucka?"