Random pointless comments

6,590 posts in this topic

Just now, katheliz said:

@lisa13, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!

no!  you really don't!  :)

(I'm just kidding, I have nothing against marriage whatsoever, just never cared one whit if I ever got/get married or not)

5 minutes ago, katheliz said:

@lisa13, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!

My old da Bronx buddy, Tom, ( bless his soul ) once told me: " John, nobody has lived until they have been divorced at least twice! ).

I couldn´t reach his record..my two marriages were to Catholics from countries where divorce wasn´t recognised! ( Cheating slightly..second marriage was in Indonesia to a Spaniard and we forgot to register with the British and Spanish Embassies anyway! ).

:rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

hahahaha!  that is great @katheliz

I'll never get married.  No worries :)

:lol:That´s a shame,  lisa! I was just about to send you an email!

27 minutes ago, john g. said:

Wonderful rugby match the other day between New Zealand and England in Japan..important World Cup match.

The haka is the traditional New Zealander/Maori dance before a  match starts..it is wonderful and goose-pimpling.

So the England player response? A V form and one player quietly smirking. Why not? Accept the challenge!

So why have the England team been fined for their reaction?

The New Zealanders didn´t have a problem with it. Quite the opposite. Their  team and media were generally fine and gracious.

It was just mind games by the England team, but they strayed into their opponent's half, not allowed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-world-cup/2019/10/30/england-fined-advancing-beyond-halfway-line-form-v-shape-response/

Looking forward to hopefully, an England win tomorrow.

Yep, hoops! Silly rule!! You get a bunch of big guys sticking out tongues and threatening to cut throats ( fair is fair!! ) and a wimp or two moves around!

Of course, it´s mind games...but only one team allowed to do that?

:lol:

I LOVE the haka..so moving. Truly.

Absolutely disgusting, hoops. The fucking hypocritical morons in Aceh. I lived in Indonesia way back then. for 18 months. They had rules---5 legally acceptable religions ( but atheism was illegal ). Aceh was even then very but VERY conservative. 

So, yes, karma for that arsehole.

Is Indonesia becoming a sharia state?

Jakarta set to pass extreme criminal code enforcing prison sentences for insulting president, sex outside marriage and black magic

https://www.theweek.co.uk/103382/is-indonesia-becoming-a-sharia-state

"

The Government of Indonesia is preparing to implement a new criminal code that would severely restrict civil liberties, including banning sex outside of marriage.

After spending “decades revising its colonial-era criminal code”, Indonesia’s parliament has published a 628-article draft bill to replace the old legislation, The Guardian reports.

The new penal code will reportedly enforce prison sentences for people who engage in extramarital sex, adultery, have an abortion or insult Joko Widodo, the president of Indonesia, which is the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation."

I consider myself a good judge of character, and I can tell people are judgmental just by looking at them.

34 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Au revoir, Dan Druff.

At least I have flecks a peel...  brushes it off 

It's appropriate to say "look at you, you got so BIG!"  to a child..  Adults tend to get offended

5 hours ago, Techsmex said:

It's appropriate to say "look at you, you got so BIG!"  to a child..  Adults tend to get offended

Always puts a smile on my face when my wife says it.:o

Dunno where else to get this one off my chest. About a decade ago I lent my half bro several zeros. He assured me he would pay me back when he had the lucre. I have not seen or heard from him since (we hardly knew each other, has to be said) nor has a single penny plopped onto my account. I have kind of put it in a drawer. Yesterday I had my Father on WhatsApp to wish him happy birthday. The bro was there. They eventually put him on. I did not know what to say. Nor did he. Just embarrassing. Thanks Muv. Did you do that just to see what would happen? Well, it kind of killed the conversation, didn't it?

Isn't it true that quid pro quo is just a euphemism for good old-fashioned bribery?

On 4.11.2019, 12:21:18, optimista said:

Dunno where else to get this one off my chest. About a decade ago I lent my half bro several zeros. He assured me he would pay me back when he had the lucre. I have not seen or heard from him since (we hardly knew each other, has to be said) nor has a single penny plopped onto my account. I have kind of put it in a drawer. Yesterday I had my Father on WhatsApp to wish him happy birthday. The bro was there. They eventually put him on. I did not know what to say. Nor did he. Just embarrassing. Thanks Muv. Did you do that just to see what would happen? Well, it kind of killed the conversation, didn't it?

Since the situation already was messed up, why didn't you pop the obvious question at him?

As in "when are you paying back the loan" ? Nothing to lose by asking, and embarassing him in front of Mum might have helped.

No, I think my mother would have really enjoyed that spectacle. She is not his mother. Any conversation about this one will be in private.

There has been a spate of low-level seismic activity in West Switzerland the last couple of days. Wonder if a biggie is on its way?