Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meet up at the Freising Volksfest

48 posts in this topic

It's Volksfest time again in Freising and, well, it would be rude not to go. The Freisinger Volksfest is like Oktoberfest, except there's only one tent and no Italians on the floor. Oh, and the beer only costs €5.40 for a Maß!

The date will be Sunday 2nd September at 3pm. Anyone in the Freising area is welcome, as of course is anyone from Munich. Because it's harder to find people at the Volksfest than in the Huber Weisse, I suggest we meet in the booking hall of the train station at 3pm and walk from there.

For people coming from Munich, a train leaves Hbf (platform 25) at 2.44pm, arriving at 3.08pm (obviously we'll wait for you!). MVV tickets are valid on the train (Gesamtnetz - a Tageskarte costs €10 for one person or €19ish for up to five). There's also an S1 that arrives at 3.04pm, having stopped at Moosach (14.35) and Feldmoching (14.40) among (many) others.

Please post below if you intend to come!

Volksfest Freising

post-977-1187767890.jpg

nice, I think as I commented in another thread I will be up for this. I may also bring some people with.

Does Lohhof count as Freising and surroundings? If so Scogs and I are up for this.

I reckon you'll get there quicker than I can, 4 stops on the S-bahn, no probs, whereas I shall be getting the Volksfest bus that visits every cow shed between Allershausen and Freising! I'm not moaning though, I think it's great that they run a special bus service, just for me! I'll have to meet you all in the tent though as said bus doesn't get me there till 4:00. I've got STBs number so I'll call if I can't find you all. See you there. :)

I believe that the Landkreis of Freising ends at the far end of the IKEA car park in Eching. Nonetheless, Lohhofers are as welcome as Münchner as welcome as Freisinger!

Put me down as a definite maybe.

I MUST get the ripped crotch in the lederhosen repaired!

...no comment on this MT...but have to ask how did it get ripped?

or maybe I dont want to know

Looks like we'll be having perfect beer-tent weather; cold and wet outside, warm and beery inside! A couple of other people have PMed me to say they're coming, so we should be quite a crowd.

I believe that the Landkreis of Freising ends at the far end of the IKEA car park in Eching. Nonetheless, Lohhofers are as welcome as Münchner as welcome as Freisinger!

I'm sure you're only joking, but all of Eching is in Landkreis Freising.

See you there Sunday. At the Volksfest that is , not in Eching! :P

and the count down begins. For those munichers coming up I think sarahbyrd already has my handy number, but for the rest if you pm me or stb we can send you one. however the fast train gets in at eight past three so those coming in on that train we shall be at the booking office at the station.

By gum, I do have your moby #! Scogs and I will be on the S1 that leaves Lohhof at 14.50h, arrival Freising whenever. How far is it to the fairgrounds? Like - can I wear killer boots or are Wanderstiefel a better bet?

If the weather is crap, and I can't fly on Sunday, then I reckon we might come along to this.. I'm kind of hoping for crappy weather really..

I have to finish off some work this morning, so I'll definitely be needing those beers later! See you all at 3 or just after. Hope the weather's sufficiently crap, Hutcho!

Well, weather is good, but flight instructor is taking out some beginners right now, and she's going to call me when she knows when she'll be done.. in my experience, things always take longer than they should, and if she calls at 13:00, I'm not going to drive all the way down to fussen just to jump off a mountain one or two times.. so i'd say it's looking possible..