Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rote Armee Fraktion (RAF) terrorist paroled

84 posts in this topic

This was against the US right? Without looking at any of the facts I have determined it's OK; my default position is whichever one is against the US.

Yours truly,

Average Toytowner

No doubt someone will complain that 21 years in prison for the murders of three US servicemembers was far too harsh a sentence. Here is an article in English on the release:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-G...html?ref=world

The sentences and leniency given to the RAF is pathetic. Maybe we have to brace ourselves for a new wave of anti-American violence and killings now that the RAF murderers are back on the streets.

Yeah, I have to say those imperialist Scheiß Besatzer got what they had coming to them!

Viva La Revolucion!

She did the crime.

She's done the time.

In Europe, even for the most heinious crimes, they don't "throw away the key".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

das nach Verbüßung der Mindesthaftzeit in diesem Jahr auf Bewährung freikommt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Released on probation this year after serving the minimum sentence.

In Europe, even for the most heinious crimes, they don't "throw away the key".

Bullshit!

Baader and his two accomplices were the victims of extrajudicial executions.

For three murdered and 23 wounded? 15 years? That's all?

EDIT:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-G...html?ref=world

Over the past three years, Haule -- who is serving her sentence at a Berlin prison -- has trained as a photographer, a course which she completed early this year, the Frankfurt court said in a statement.

I hope nobody needs to get a photo for a job application or wedding photos taken. This Mohnhaupt murderess has asked to change her name, so don't be surprised if this Haule killer tries to do the same thing. Maybe she will get plastic surgery as well.

can we not use RAF in this topic ...as an ex RAF member i normally read RAF to be Royal Air Force...some nuts as terrorists dont equate to the RAF

Jesus christ on a bike, here we go again with the Anti American rants...give it a rest please.

For three murdered and 23 wounded? 15 years? That's all?

That's how the law stands.

Serve the minimum sentence, good behaviour, reformed charachter (see your link) and you can get out on probation as she has done.

Criminal justice sentencing is comprised of three compoenents: Punishment, protection of society and the reform of the charachter.

She seems to have a reformed charachter, it has been judged society is no longer in danger from her and she has fulfilled the minimum sentence of punishment.

Against whom her crimes were committed isn't relevent to the argument.

Reformed character? Wow, that's shockingly naive.

Here is some rubbish on the Mohnhaupt release:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohnhaupt

Many German politicians were in favor of clemency towards Brigitte Mohnhaupt and Christian Klar. Former Justice minister Klaus Kinkel (FDP) had pleaded in favor of a "second chance"; former president of the Bundestag Wolfgang Thierse (SPD) declared that "expiation" has taken place, and Green member Antje Vollmer stated that they "have been longer in prison than any Nazi criminal."

From now on, I will refer to the Red Army Faction not by its acronym.

Here is Haule's CV:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Haule#Terrorist_

Sounds to me like she deserved at least life in prison.

Somehow I doubt any American convicted of murder by a German court would get such lenient treatment.

sara, yes, of course she could not have gotten more than life in prison under German law. I think she deserved the death penalty, though.

Criminal justice sentencing is comprised of three compoenents: Punishment, protection of society and the reform of the charachter.

She seems to have a reformed charachter, it has been judged society is no longer in danger from her and she has fulfilled the minimum sentence of punishment.

You forgot what I, in my old fashioned white starched collar way of thinking, consider an important part of punishment.

Deterrent.

15 years for a three lives, isn't very scary is it. Sadly we consider it somehow wrong to hang people who premeditate mass murder. We could though be fair to the families who have been given a life's sentence of sorrow and loss by confining such scum to a prision until they die.

Sounds to me like she deserved at least life in prison.

If by "at least life" then you mean she should have been executed?

This is Europe in 2007, it doesn't happen now, it didn't happen when she was sentenced either.

When someone gets a "life"prison sentence, they generally get, either by judge's reccomendation and/or statute a minimum tariff.

After fulfilling that tariff they are elegible for parole and afaik, they HAVE to be given at that point a date at which they could be paroled.

She fulfilled these conditions.

Reformed?

Perhaps she is after studying, then training as a photographer, being acomplished as a photographer.

I'm not her social worker or probation officer, but they seem to think so.

@ Gideon: Deterrent?

At the time of their crimes, there was still the death penalty in the UK though not by the time they came for sentencing.

Didn't deter Brady and Hindley did it?