Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Life in the town of Dietzenbach (near Frankfurt)

24 posts in this topic

Hi All

Any and all info on Dietzenbach much appreciated. Is it a good place for British ex-pats to live in? (we have no kids, but two cats :o)

We enjoy good restaurants, country walks, friendly bars (but not interested in nightclubs) - but would also need to be within sensible train commuting distance of Sachsenhausen (wife's office located there).

Thanks for feedback.

Kuzzer

Hi,

I am from Dietzenbach, it is my hometown. I wouldn't recommend you to move there. It is very quiet, there are only few restaurants, no bars.

I would recommend you to either move to Sachsenhausen directly, or to Neu-Isenburg, which has more restuarants and bars, and you also have forest nearby.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

DrRenz

Dr Renz

Many thanks for your help. We have in fact decided to live in Friedrichsdorf - which is very lively and right next to The Taunus!

Best regards.

Kuzzer

Hmmm I would personally not call Friedrichsdorf lively!

There was an old TTer called Jumpsuit who lives in Dietzenbach with his wife and children. I got the impression he was happy there.

Also it is going to take your wife a very long time to commute to Sachsenhausen from Friedrichsdorf as I know only a limited number of S5 trains stop there.

Sorry to throw a spanner in if I'd had seen the thread I would have replied sooner.

What about somewhere around Sachenhauser Berg? Nice and quiet but stiff close enough to lots of nice restaurants and a few bars.

Thanks, all, for your helpful comments.

I have to say that when we were house-hunting, Friedrichsdorf had plenty of nice-looking bars open (Saturday) - and amazingly was buzzing on Sunday morning also.

Wife doesn't mind the commute at all - really - but thanks anyway for the "heads up".

Kuzzer

Which is a good place from where we can commute to ruesselsheim. Dont want to stay in ruesselsheim . Want to put my child in a english speaking school. Would appreciate if you give an approximate cost of living for food/grocery and commute per mont h for a family of two+1 kid

hello everybody,

in continuation with the where to live suggestions...i would like to put forth some of my queries... my husband works at Langen, we would like to have a quiet family life. Not so keen on going to restaurants etc. though we would prefer to get basic groceries easily,. I have shortlisted Neu Isenberg, Dreieich, Egelsbach and Langen as places where we could look for apartments. Since we will be staying there for a short duration (from nov. to Feb.) we want a place that is furnished and does not involve an agent coz paying 2 months commision for staying 4 months does not seem right...what is our best bet? please advise

Hi, I work in Langen and I commute from Frankfurt every day , and I live in the Nordend of Frankfurt. Usually is a 30 minute ride (and I have to take first the U-bahn and then the S-bahn). So it is not necessary to be that close; first because housing in Langen is more expensive than in Frankfurt (I tried to find apartment in Langen when I moved here two years ago). Depending on you space needs, I would say that Neu Isenburg is better since there are big supermarkets in the Dreiecih-Sprentlingen area and there is more and variety of real state offer. Maybe your husband company can get more information on where to live but as for the rule of paying two months when making a contract, I doubt there is any way out.

I'll be working in Dietzenbach for a week. Will be staying in a hotel there. However, I was wondering if there are any S-bahns running from Dietzenbach to FFM and how long does it take?

Any information on that and other things to do in Dietzenbach are highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

hey kuzzer, long time no speak !

my colleague to my immedaite left (!) in the bank lives there and coincidently we were talking about it the other day. He says it is very nice, no problems and good people. So sounds like a nice little german town to setup shop in !

good luck,

sj

I'll be working in Dietzenbach for a week. Will be staying in a hotel there. However, I was wondering if there are any S-bahns running from Dietzenbach to FFM and how long does it take?

Any information on that and other things to do in Dietzenbach are highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Yes the S2 goes fron Dietzenbach into Frankfurt city centre every 1/2 hour. During the rush hour there is also another train (confusingly also called the S2) that goes between Dietzenbach and Offenbach Hauptbahnhof, also at 1/2 hourly intervals. So a train service running every 15 minutes during peak times. With the S2 to Offenbach Hbf you have to change in Offenbach Ost, but trains are regular and it's not inconvenient at all.

Are you staying at the "Buttons" hotel in Steinberg?

Hmmm I would personally not call Friedrichsdorf lively!

There was an old TTer called Jumpsuit who lives in Dietzenbach with his wife and children. I got the impression he was happy there.

Oi muffin, who are you calling old? :huh:

Yes, I'm in Dietzenbach with my family, and happy there. If I was new to Frankfurt/Rhine-Main, I wouldn't move there to be honest. I'd rather go and live in town and have a bit of fun. But since the kids came along "that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed off", as Basil Fawlty would say!

Hi all,

came across this post while looking up Dietzenbach. We recently saw a nice house in Dietzenbach. The house as such and the immediate neighbourhood is quite good. But whereever I look up on the internet, people dont have anything good to say about the town. Do you or anybody you know live there? Could somebody give me a short review about the town? Could we consider this town or run far away from Dietzenbach? How good are the schools etc?

Cheers!

Haritha

Oh people around Dietzenbach! I live in Roedermark which is not far away and didn't think any Western expats lived out here! Well Jumpsuit sounds like he is doing ok in Dietzenbach, so hopefully he can advise you better about how it actually is to live there, but I don't have a great impression of the town, I have to admit. It seems like quite a rough place to me. I guess there is a certain amount of conflict there between Germans and migrants and quite a lot of poverty. My husband used to work in Saturn there and did not have a great impression of the sort of people who came into the store. BUT, there IS a Tegut there and it can't all be bad. I'm sure there are nice parts of it.