Women's football with the Munich Irish Rovers

155 posts in this topic

Further to many requests the Munich Irish Rovers are looking to start up Women's football.

We will have a couple of training sessions beginning on 22nd and 29th August and depending on the response and enthusiasm we can decide further how we would like to continue.

The venue will be at Siemenspark - details on how to get there are in the link below:

http://www.munichirishrovers.de/club/clubinfo.php

Time 19.00-21.00 - meet outside the entrance to Siemenspark at 19.00.

All football equipment will be provided you just need to bring yourself, some sports wear and trainers or boots. The sessions will be on an all weather surface. There will be changing and shower facilities. A couple of the Rovers squad will come down and assist with training but if there are any coaches out there who would like to run the training sessions (if it becomes a regular session) then please let us know.

Look forward to seeing some new faces in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Munich Irish Rovers Football Team

Hi girls,

I'll be there :D . Just wanted to mention that we are hoping to have an international team, so women from all over the place are very welcome! It will surely be fun and we are as happy to have women with experience as women that have no idea about soccer so far but are willing to train and learn a few things.

Hope to see a lot of people on wednesday the 22. of august then!

Best regards,

Sanni

Hi Ladies,

Just a reminder that the first Irish Rovers Ladies Football Training session starts this wednesday. Read the instructions below. Everybody(female) is welcome. No experience necessary. Just the will to get fit and have some fun. Don't be shy and bring your friends.

Excellant. There are already about ten that I know going and the more the better. Weather is good and the field is great...what more do you need...

Hi Tipsy, what's the begineers to experienced ratio of the people you know going? I quite fancy it but I don't want to be the only numpty that can't kick a ball!

From the people I know going, none have ever played before. So its open for total beginners as well as any professionals who might want to lead the charge and get some goals on game day. So come along and have some fun.

I am going. I even dont know rules. Have no clue. Will be fun, though.

Little bit of movent..

Looking forward!

My partner is planning on turning up. We looked on the map last night and it seems that Siemenswerk sbahn is not so far away. Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the train station to Siemenspark? Also, there is nothing about costs, is it free or will she have to take some money? Many thanks in anticipation of your help - Peter.

Hei. As much as i know, if we get enought girls we will be signed up as recreational team, and it will cost 50euro a year. I think that for today everyone should just have a look how it is and if you like it...

And as for how long does it take to get from sbahn to the park.. I think it is about 5-10min.. Max 15... It is really not far away. Depends how fast you walk ;-)

My partner is planning on turning up. We looked on the map last night and it seems that Siemenswerk sbahn is not so far away. Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the train station to Siemenspark? Also, there is nothing about costs, is it free or will she have to take some money? Many thanks in anticipation of your help - Peter.

Its only a 5 min walk. Maybe 6 mins but not more...

There are no fees for tonights training session or next weeks. If the idea takes off then naturally all players would have to become members of the Irish Rovers but that will be discussed at a later date when we see that there are enought people to make a team.

Its only a 5 min walk. Maybe 6 mins but not more...

There are no fees for tonights training session or next weeks. If the idea takes off then naturally all players would have to become members of the Irish Rovers but that will be discussed at a later date when we see that there are enought people to make a team.

Thanks for your speedy response Tipsy. I also forgot to ask, hopefully she won't be late, but she'll be coming home first to collect some clothes. If she is late what should she do? Can she walk straight into this Siemenspark place, or does she need to ask for someone?

Good question Pete C.

If anybody is late they need to ring the porter using the speaker-button at the entrance. Then tell the Porter you are with the Irish Rovers and they will Buzz you in. Once inside head to the white little perfab kinda house on the left side of the footpath as you walk in. Its across the really nice football field on the left, that you actually shouldn't walk on. We will keep an eye out for any people arriving late.

No problem. If anybody else has any questions then feel free to ask.

Hey...I just wanted to thanks the organisers for this! I went along on Wednesday and it was a great laugh. We were mostly novices and a bit nervous at first but we ended up having a game with most people scoring!

It would be great to see more people next wednesday so we could really get it going, I'll definitely be back!

Glad that you enjoyed the training, it will continue again at the same time and place this Wednesday too.

A decision will then be taken as to whether we continue further and what the structure will be. From the current turnout and feedback this seems something everybody is keen to do.