Favourite comebacks posted to TT - examples of quality repartee

272 posts in this topic

deep fry turkey, hope you are planning to do it outdoors. And have a hoist to lift the bird.

I was planning on deep frying in my bedroom and throwing the frozen turkey in the hot oil like a basketball

You can always look around for another vet though. You might find something cheeper.

Like a budgerigar?

badumdumtish!!

New thread with one reply, title is Fluid German in Toytown? Tha't not nice!

I think that is not nice at all...when someone write an English job placement "ad" in Toytown, looking for people who speak FLUID GERMAN!!!

Most of the people looking for a job in this place is because our german is not that good, so we have to look it in English!!!

Honestly if I would speak FLUID GERMAN...then I would NOT look for a Job in DEUTSCHLAND in this place!!! I would look it in a GERMAN NEWSPAPER!!!

Shame. I speak German fluidly, especially after a few fluids have been imbibed. It is the fluent part I have a problem with still...

Originally posted in Munich News, btw. I moved it to Metachat but as it might get deleted as a spammer warmup, I thought I'd preserve it here. (I'm very suspicious of newbie oddballs nowadays...)

currently suffering from Manflu and my world is coming to an end... will it ever go?!

That sounds more like Manthrax, which is waaay more serious. Hope you survive...

haha, nice one!

This gem was found on the Restaurants Reviews listing...

In the fall of 1938, my parents and I (I was 5 years old) had lunch in the the Osteria Italiana (also Osteria Bavaria), when suddenly the door opened and Adolf Hitler walked into the restaurant, followed by Eva Braun, Leni Riefenstahl, Hermann Goering, Dr. Josef Goebbels, Rudolf Hess, Heinrich Himmler and a few SS men. They all sat down for lunch at a nearby, long table with Hitler at the head of the table between Eva Braun and Leni Riefenstahl. I had to visit the bathroom and on the way there had to pass Hitler's place. As I walked past Hitler, he grabbed my arm and asked where I wanted to go. I told Hitler, I needed to make a pipi badly and had no time. Hitler ordered an SS body guard to guide me to the bathroom. The SS man walked with me into the Pissoir and thereafter back to my parents' table, clicked his heels, saluted and returned to his job, guarding Hitler. Richard Holl - rholl@hollpartners.com

Posted by: "Richard Holl" at 7:59 pm on 18.Sep.2013

how was the food?

Posted by: ruapehu at 10:21 am on 19.Sep.2013

You might think Ruapehu was being a bit irreverent, but I prefer to think she made a repsectful understatement...

Mods may want to step up to the plate and remove the last comment on that page (spam).

See more about Mr. Holl. He is the real deal.

Mods gladly do such things, provided someone actually contacts them. As it is, I saw that on the front page and removed it to the virtual circular file.

What?? carol Vordermann is here?? B)

So you're two girls renting, how did a guy end up renting with you?

they had to tell Mr. Roper that Jack is gay.

post-47703-1412669378492.gif

I am going to keep my account active, because there are people on here who I care about deeply and have no other reasonable way of keeping in contact with, outside of TT pm`s.

Flummoxed as to how somebody can care deeply about someone, but not have their email address or phone number.

Pffffffft! :lol:

Also found myself stroking a goat with my toddler one time. Another mother came with her toddler and also stroked the goat without making eye contact, let alone smiling or acknowledging me in any other way. Only in Germany.

Moral of the story: don't let Germans get your goat.

:D

1 hour ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

You must be smoking something. 

1 hour ago, J0ker said:

Um no I think you are the one with the joint.  

:lol:

On 2/14/2016, 9:04:42, arunadasi said:

Absolutely not true.  Millions of religious people believe that ALL religions are right in their own way -- that all are merely pathways to a central truth, like pathways up  a mountain from the north, south, east and west. This is particularly true of Eastern religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism. That's why you will see pictures of Christ in many a Hindu family shrine. And I know many Christians who think this way. Religions have moved on over the last 40 years or so. You are behind the times in clinging to this very old cliche. That's what my dad taught me in the 1950's --- it's just no longer true!

21 hours ago, Keleth said:

Well that's put me and the world to rights then now we know that religions don't have problems with other religions because they're all just trying to find a path to god.

4 hours ago, AlexTr said:

What has to be broken in a person's brain, soul or psyche to look at every member of the opposite sex merely with regards to their desirability as a sexual partner?

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

It's called 'being a man'. ;)

Are self comebacks permitted? 

On 4/15/2017, 7:56:47, El Jeffo said:

Called it.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Well, I certainly didn't call this one.

8 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Does anyone know why this thread was discontinued or people stopped posting ?

7 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Why, are you hoping to be picked Miss Toytown 2004?

Pure, unadulterated comedy.

Love it.

More please.