What the hell have I done to my knee?

91 posts in this topic

Here are some tumeric drinks.

I've never had acupuncture for pain but am definitely not against it. I think it is worth trying because it is non-invasive. I know people who said it really helped.

We sling tumeric into a smoothie most days. And, of course , into every curry.

And acupuncture- I swear by it. The Chinese practitioner  some years ago straightened out ( so to speak! ) my lumbago in one session and made me drink green tea before I left her office.

Another time at her place and when I was a smoker.. can't remember what I was there for... but I was coughing ( smoker's cough ) and she put some needles into my ears and the coughing stopped straight  away. Non-evasive! 

We have just ordered neem! Anti-ageing, good for the skin and if you are fighting an infection:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/home-remedies/herbal-remedies-20-health-benefits-of-neem/articleshow/20083389.cms

I've seen every side of physio.

You going to the physio and him doing something, will achieve something but not much.

You should insist that he teaches you exercises specific(!!) to your issue, for you to do them on your own always, like 20min every morning, plus 20min every evening, every day for several weeks. You must be diligent. Problem is, these exercises are almost always very boring, and they appear a useless waste of time, so everybody is diligent on day1 and never again. Be diligent.

Good luck and keep us posted.👍

My personal experience with acupuncture for pain relief has been mixed. I know of people who swear by it, so maybe I was unlucky and got a quack that one time. However, I had more success when I was treated for my various sport injuries with Tui Na which I previously mentioned. As for turmeric, you could do worse than a curry every week! Start a curry night in Heidelberg! Why should the Müchenites have all the fun! :D

5 hours ago, Gambatte said:

You going to the physio and him doing something, will achieve something but not much.

You should insist that he teaches you exercises specific(!!) to your issue, for you to do them on your own always

It may also be a good idea to consult a "Facharzt für physikalische und rehabilitative Medizin".

15 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Has anyone perfected a Tumeric (Kurkuma) drink that is drinkable? 

Yeah, using a juicer we have one with ginger and lemon juice and a little bit of fresh squeezed orange.  I actually like it even though you have to brush your teeth once or twice after and you can feel the burn in your mouth for a while after.  I hear Turmeric tea can be quite nice but not tried it.

I also just take cucurma extract supplements daily.

33 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

After keeping my knee warm and resting all is well. No more pain! Hooray. Hope it stays that way.

Oh good.  Mine is much better.  But I have problems in both knees now, not so good.  So, have to get fit again!  Physio is weeks away but got a session booked at the fitness centre with a trainer to try and work out a fitness program that fits for me.

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

Oh good.  Mine is much better.  But I have problems in both knees now, not so good.  So, have to get fit again!  Physio is weeks away but got a session booked at the fitness centre with a trainer to try and work out a fitness program that fits for me.

Glad yours is better too. Wishing you a speedy complete recovery. Sport is great. I do an intensive cardio and weight lifting workout once a week and try to stay fit with brisk walking. It really does help. Now I am in my mid 40s I have been told it is important to keep fit, especially weight lifting to keep bone density up.

5 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

Glad yours is better too. Wishing you a speedy complete recovery. Sport is great. I do an intensive cardio and weight lifting workout once a week and try to stay fit with brisk walking. It really does help. Now I am in my mid 40s I have been told it is important to keep fit, especially weight lifting to keep bone density up.

I have always had wonky knees.  But 7 years of sport studio strength training stuff, it all went away.  And the pain in my wrists, and my back went too.  Plus walking and swimming.  But got lazy when Covid closed studio down, and did not reopen.  So it is all my fault, for being lazy!  And of course, with wonky knees much of this is difficult.  I over 60 and hope I have not left it too late!