Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Beaten up at Theresienwiese

66 posts in this topic

@giorgio83

Coming from an Islamic country i think you cant be so quick to generalize those who are from the Muslim community. There are bad apples in all communities. That doesnt mean those who are Muslims are generally agressive or bad.

I have just been attacked by 10 turks

did you count them before or after you were attacked?

Iain, I feel compelled to ask my question a second time. How did you know that they were Turkish?

one question... but mean no harm... please don´t flame me... >.<||| are islamic people so agressive always??

Sorry to bring this up again - but you come from a country which has a big Islamic community, you said you're living with Turkish guys here - do you have the impression that Islamic people are always so agressive?

I remember reading once about a woman who was raped on an u-bahn train somewhere in Germany whilst her fellow passengers failed to help so I guess its possible that people turned a blind eye, unfortunately.

do you have the impression that Islamic people are always so agressive?

This question has undeniably received my vote for the Silliest Question of the Day award :huh: .

I agree - it's probably the most stupid question asked on here sofar (well, at least one of them) - befitting a naive 5-year old actually. And since Giorgio83 came up with this question, I'd like to know his own stance on this issue.

I dont know they were turkish, I hate saying that they were but the judgement i can make is non german, more than 6 language like turkish. i know it hurt. have been to the police

in today's SZ there are reports on 2 similar incidents.

case 1: someone sings nazi songs in the ubahn, victims tells him to stop it and gets a beating in return.

case 2: italian guy gets badly beaten up in hofgarten around 2am by 2 men and only found at 7.30am :huh:

The Neo-Nazi's friends tried to hold him back. The two guys were arrested, no mention of the woman. The attacker has a record of violence and ultra-rightism, the police set him free again, probably because he has a permanent address in Munich. Hmph.

Dort standen zwei Männer und eine Frau im Abteil, zeigten mehrmals den Hitlergruß, skandierten abwechselnd "Sieg Heil" und stimmten ein nationalsozialistisches Lied an. Deswegen stand der 29-Jährige auf, ging zu der Gruppe und fragte, "was das soll". Daraufhin schlug ihn ein 39-Jähriger mehrmals gezielt mit der Faust ins Gesicht und trat ihm gegen den Unterschenkel. Seine Begleiter versuchten noch, ihn zurückzuhalten, allerdings vergeblich.

Der 39-Jährige, der im Abteil zugeschlagen hatte, ist bei der Polizei unter anderem wegen Körperverletzung, Einbruch, Bedrohung und neonazistischer Umtriebe bekannt. Er wurde nach erkennungsdienstlicher Behandlung wieder auf freien Fuß gesetzt.

Quelle: Süddeutsche Zeitung

Nr.175, Mittwoch, den 01. August 2007 , Seite 37

A little more information would be nice, I&S. If you're going to start a thread drawing attention to what happened, it's only common courtesy to then answer people's questions so we can find out what happened. Otherwise it's like walking out of the cinema ten minutes before the film ends.

At 6 p.m. on a Tuesday? I can´t imagine that you were completely alone in the U-Bahn with a gang of Turks...What did everyone else do?

I was jumped by 4 Turks when I lived in Frankfurt. One approached me at an U-Bahn station asking me if I had a cigarette, as he talked to me the 3 others jumped me from behind. The first one hit me with something hard on my ear which busted my ear drum and left me struggling to keep my orientation (not to mention the blood dripping out of my ear). They took some money and walked away while at least 10 Germans watched without offering so much as a hand to stand up. I called a German friend on my mobile and they called the polizei and also came to the stop to help me out. I have to say the Polizei were absolutely great through the whole situation and went above and beyond what I would have expected from them.

In the end this was just another bullet on a long list of the reasons why I hated Frankfurt and couldn't wait to get out of that place. Chicago is safer and cleaner than that dump.

In the end this was just another bullet on a long list of the reasons why I hated Frankfurt and couldn't wait to get out of that place. Chicago is safer and cleaner than that dump.

L8knight, I'm from Chicago and I find your assessment of Chicago compared to Frankfurt very interesting. Over the last 10 years I've spent a lot of time in Frankfurt as I lived in Wiesbaden and Bad Homburg. I was in Chicago about 4 weeks ago to visit my family and I can tell you there is a silent war going on in the streets of Chicago. This past school year 18 school age children were murdered in Chicago and the two weeks I was there I heard of countless acts of random violence. Chicago is a much bigger city than Frankfurt but I don't think it's any safer. But I have to admit downtown is much cleaner than Frankfurt. The other thing about Chicago I found most unsettling is the amount of people begging on the streets and the amount of homeless people sleeping on the streets. I see much less of this in Frankfurt. I feel much safer in Frankfurt than I do in Chicago, however, random acts of violence can happen any where in the world. When I was in Chicago and heard about those crimes I felt victimized too as hearing about the crimes made me feel very distrustful and afraid.

I was jumped by 4 Turks when I lived in Frankfurt. One approached me at an U-Bahn station asking me if I had a cigarette, as he talked to me the 3 others jumped me from behind. The first one hit me with something hard on my ear which busted my ear drum and left me struggling to keep my orientation (not to mention the blood dripping out of my ear). They took some money and walked away while at least 10 Germans watched without offering so much as a hand to stand up. I called a German friend on my mobile and they called the polizei and also came to the stop to help me out. I have to say the Polizei were absolutely great through the whole situation and went above and beyond what I would have expected from them.

I mentioned this before on this board: While living in London I (girl, 17 years old at the time) was knocked down by a guy in Golders Green Bus Station for no apparent reason while at least 10 English people watched without offering so much as a hand to stand up.

I put it down to people in general being prone to look away in a situation like that one. But if I go by your post, it's a matter of their nationality. :rolleyes: