Deutsche Bahn apologises for punctual ICE train

29 posts in this topic

post-977-1185784593.jpg
Deutsche Bahn has apologised to passengers after an ICE train arrived at its destination on schedule. The punctual arrival caused severe disruption for passengers usually accustomed to the express trains running anything up to ninety minutes late.

The ICE 515 service on Friday left Dortmund punctually at 8.17am and was not delayed en-route to Munich. It arrived as scheduled at 2.34pm, leaving passengers fuming.

One of the passengers caught up in the chaos said that this type of event was becoming increasingly common. “I only just caught the train, because I usually turn up late safe in the knowledge that I won’t miss it. Judging by the number of empty seats, many people got left behind,

From my brilliant but evil mind. Inspired by travelling on seven ICE trains last week, all of which were between seven and sixty minutes late.

Well you know those ICE conductors are paid so well <_< which probably doesn´t help things...

actually as a little tid bit a friend missed his connection in Munich last night because the train we were on that was only five minutes late into Freising stopped b/w Freising and Munich to let a ICE train through.

The Freising connection always leads to delays...do you know that the S1 has the worst on-time record of all the Sbahns.

the S1 has the worst on-time record of all the Sbahns.

Yeah, any time you rely on it to be late so you can take a quick pee at Feldmoching the bastard is on time, leaving you stranded for 20 - 140 minutes (if you miss the Rag Collector).

i love the article

come on though, at least the German ICEs are modern and clean

in England, more often than not, when walking down the aisle to get to your seat, you are (litter)ally wading through rubbish. And then you have to clear your seat of more trash before you can sit down. The chances that you will arrive on time are about the same as over here if you ask me.

i know why i don't support the german train system... i hate being stuck in trains for anytime longe rthen i have to.

i love the article

The chances that you will arrive on time are about the same as over here if you ask me.

Two people who obviously missed the boat. The article is a farce and made up (don't know why it made the front page as it is obviously a hoax on first reading). German public transport is excellent compared to anywhere else.

Years ago, I almost went up to this British guy mouthing off about how the Ubahn was always late (the train wasn't due for another three minutes) and tell him what a fucking cunt he was. He just yammered away to some obvious "bigshot" how he hated it here and how the trains were always late. If the train hadn't come (on time I might add) I would have blown his cover big time and showed Mr Bigshot what a twat this guy was.

In all fairness - Japanese trains piss all over German trains in terms of punctuality (and in ever other aspect as well). After a couple of days travelling around by train in Japan I gave up craining my neck for station signs and simply stepped off the train the exact minute it was supposed to be at my destination - never ended up at the wrong place.

Plus I love how the conductors bow to the passengers and hold a little speech when they enter a carriage (and bow again before they leave the carriage). :)

There's no doubt in my mind that the German train system is excellent, both when compared to the British system and with the alternatives. Elaleya may prefer to drive and that's fair enough; I'll think of her, scrunched up in her little metal cage, staring blankly ahead for hours on end while I'm stretched out on an ICE, travelling at 300km/h, reading or sleeping.

I've never had major problems using the railways in Germany, but these little 10, 15, or 30-minute delays, which only appear to affect ICEs, do irritate me slightly. You don't need to travel to Japan to experience high levels of punctuality - Switzerland has this as well. If Switzerland can manage it, why can't Germany? It was this thought that motivated the 'article'. But I'd still rather dance naked in a lion's den than have to drive over longer distances.

Yeah, and you only have to deal with the occasional slaughter of passengers due to over stressed drivers , or the 'other aspect' of constant groping by male passengers.

Like there ain't train crashes in other countries...And that would be the constant groping that I didn NOT experience - even once - when I went by train in Japan almost daily for 3 months?

Damn, do I feel cheated now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and you only have to deal with the occasional slaughter of passengers due to over stressed drivers ,

This only shows how a moron you are. The japanese railway system has THE BEST safety record in the world, and the incident that you "report" was the first to happen on a commuter trains in more than 40 years.

In addition, the japanese Shinkansen (or bullet train for you) is as punctual or I would say more than the commuter trains so you cannot even dare to try to compare them with the ICE and DB service.

or the 'other aspect' of constant groping by male passengers.

But then again, I suppose that isn't even the worst part.

Have you been to New York? on rush hour ... that also happens there for your info.