Ten political incorrect truths about human nature

39 posts in this topic

Ok so I've added the quote.

In the thread yesterday we debated whether somebody should be 'punished' for infedelity when a marriage breaks up. I contended that the problems with the marriage are far earlier than the act of betrayal.

This study, I would suggest, shows one of the big problems. We sign up for marriage and the 'contract' because that is what society , and in particular religions , have deemed the right thing to do. Many societies and religions have not had these rules though.

The problem is that biology is against monogomy. How far can society be expected to control our biology?

@ Pas

Rape is a feature of human biology I would suggest , the whole purpose OF society is to benefit society - often at the expense of the individual.

The individual in general submits to the rule of society because he/she is able to see the benefit from their participation - even at the cost of their immediate desire.

20 odd (very odd) years in IT, taking a very conservative guess 30 lines of new code written per day (I'm factoring in time wasted in meetings, coffee breaks, beating clients around the head with keyboards etc).

That's a lot of code, and let's just say, for the sake of argument, that only a third of it was really new.

Number of women with whom I have made the PC with two processors due to their being impressed by my coding powers = 0.

Should I concentrate on UNIX systems more?

20 odd (very odd) years in IT, taking a very conservative guess 30 lines of new code written per day (I'm factoring in time wasted in meetings, coffee breaks, beating clients around the head with keyboards etc).

That's a lot of code, and lets just say, for the sake of argument, that only a third of it was really new.

Number of women with whom I have made the PC with two processors due to their being impressed by my coding powers = 0.

Should I concentrate on UNIX systems more ?

'so what do you do for a living' has never been my favourite part of the conversation. I guess we can console ourselves with the fact we tend to have realitivly well paid jobs.

In many IT departments, it's more a case of "pick the chromosome", rather than "pick the chick", so you may be able to count yourself lucky the nothing untoward happened, otherwise you could have had a Yeti Jr ringing the church bells at Notre Dame.

I guess we can console ourselves with the fact we tend to have realitivly well paid jobs.

Can you write a zero-sex-appeal compensation clause into contracts nowerdays?

Is this taken from a Subversion 101 study module? Why is everyone trying to force me to hate Muslims? I'll agree with #2 (which actually is based on Human Nature and not Geo-Political nature) and the rest sounds like some politician trying to make excuses to his wife and kids for all his bullshit. Did Kamakaze pilots have a harem waiting for them, too? Is that brunette, Salma Hayek, less attractive to men than the blonde bombshell, Ann Coulter? Bush has more daughters than Victoria and David Beckham, hmm? Total Crap!

That's a lot of code, and lets just say, for the sake of argument, that only a third of it was really new.

Should I concentrate on UNIX systems more?

Codings powers...That sounds hot! B) Its that majiks or something?

I could tell you the truth but I would have to run you through a deprogramming camp afterwards where you would be forced to eat cold baked beans with icecream and crispbread and sing an inspirational song every morning at 05:45.

Sometimes the truth is not worth it.

Abuse, intimidation, and degradation are all part of men's repertoire of tactics employed in competitive situations. In other words, men are not treating women differently from men—the definition of discrimination, under which sexual harassment legally falls—but the opposite: Men harass women precisely because they are not discriminating between men and women.

This is rich. :D

Btw, blond hair is a genetic flaw. Genetically we are actually supposed to have dark hair and blond hair developed due to a mutation. Back then, even in the time of the stone age, having blond hair was therefore seen as something special. This meant that suddenly the blondes were getting more attention, because they were something special in comparison to all the dark-haired women. Nowadays, as was mentioned in the article, a bit of bleach and silicon enables a large part of the female population to become blondes with major boobies. It would be interesting to see what impact this has on evolution if we look back at it in a few thousand years.

At the moment I have seen quite a bit of the contrary. Due to the amount of blonde women available, many men develop a liking for the opposite(for instance going only for Asian women who have naturally pitch-black hair). At some point in the future, men will probably be able to have babies and get transformed completely into women and vice-versa. I wonder what kind of new theories the psychologists would then have? Life is all about phases, ups and down, likes and dislikes.

I guess it's time for me to invest in some bleach, silicon and false contact lenses though(watch this space!). Having my cleavage subjected to constant ogling and being permanently harassed by men who are only following their primitive programming, have always been my dearest wishes and I somehow feel so incomplete now. :unsure:

Soon to be MajorBust

If I could contribute with unPC item (let's call #11) it would be that we're screwing up the planet, and the first thing to alleviate the problem would be China-style birth control. 1 child per each adult max, no exceptions.

Suicide Bombshell!!! Oh yeah! 74 of them waitin' to make me some daughters so I won't have to get divorced 74 times! I'm only saying this because they are not sexist. I don't know what it means either. I guess the whole point is to sneak in that Muslims are suicide bombers by nature! Although I'm not muslim I think its fair to say that anyone would blow themselves up for 74 Blonde Bombshells. I mean, its just nature, says Ann Coulter!

We sign up for marriage and the 'contract' because that is what society , and in particular religions , have deemed the right thing to do.

people should be able to think for themselves a little at least - it is the 21st century after all.

maybe that partly answers your question about marriages falling apart - people just dronelike do what they think they 'should do' (marry, kids, etc) rather than actually thinking about what is best for themselves

Yes, that's true and it very often comes back to bite them in the ass. Afterall, isn't that what a midlife crisis is about?

If I could contribute with unPC item (let's call #11) it would be that we're screwing up the planet, and the first thing to alleviate the problem would be China-style birth control. 1 child per each adult max, no exceptions.

nice one! I've been saying that for years.