Ten political incorrect truths about human nature

39 posts in this topic

Article here: Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature

I liked the way the authors argued for these points:

1. Men like blond bombshells (and women want to look like them)

2. Humans are naturally polygamous

3. Most women benefit from polygyny, while most men benefit from monogamy

4. Most suicide bombers are Muslim

5. Having sons reduces the likelihood of divorce

6. Beautiful people have more daughters

7. What Bill Gates and Paul McCartney have in common with criminals

8. The midlife crisis is a myth -- sort of

9. It's natural for politicians to risk everything for an affair (but only if they're male)

10. Men sexually harass women because they are not sexist

I disagree with 5 of the above from personal experience and probably more from a personalpoint of view but there again i wasn't one of the ones surveyed.

Men can cognitively understand that many blond women with firm, large breasts are not actually 15 years old, but they still find them attractive because their evolved psychological mechanisms are fooled by modern inventions that did not exist in the ancestral environment.

The lack of modern inventions like the ID card, made stone age men evolve psychological mechanisms that enabled them to detect women youth by assesing their firm large breasts. Before this mechanisms evolved, men were mating with 50 year old women under the false belief they were getting laid with 15 year old girls. Those stupid cave men...

I can imagine future green hordes marching for the abolition of the ID card and the implementation of ancestral age verification methods

:) for those who need it.

Women often say no to men. Men have had to conquer foreign lands, win battles and wars, compose symphonies, author books, write sonnets, paint cathedral ceilings, make scientific discoveries, play in rock bands, and write new computer software in order to impress women so that they will agree to have sex with them. Men have built (and destroyed) civilization in order to impress women, so that they might say yes

See, thats how hard it is for guys! Do you know how hard it is to do any of the above (expect write new software) just to get laid? And even then women aren't all that impressed by the latest Java applet that you wrote. Its damn hard being a guy.

write new computer software in order to impress women

This guy obviously has no idea how to get laid.

Yeah, real men actually do know that no woman can resist a convincing PowerPoint presentation.

I bet Bill Gates would beg to differ.

Sounds like we're both on the same side here ipj, the poor fella hasn't written a line of code since the 80s...

I'm enthused by the idea of writing programs being attractive. I shall start reading IT books next time I go to the Freibad.

The big question is should it be Java or .Net?

Pssh. That would be C++ or Python.

Of course. Python or Ruby are more likely to be interesting.

Truly brilliant article .

Number 10 in particular is true with a shocking explanation.

Truly brilliant article .

Number 10 in particular is true with a shocking explanation.

Studies demonstrate unequivocally that men are far more interested in short-term casual sex than women. In one now-classic study, 75 percent of undergraduate men approached by an attractive female stranger agreed to have sex with her; none of the women approached by an attractive male stranger did. Many men who would not date the stranger nonetheless agreed to have sex with her

So shall we continue the debate about infedelity. What would the stats have been like if the attractive women had approaced married men?

@ Pas

Please quote from the article - I'm fine to debate the point - otherwise anyone who didnt read that particular piece wouldnt have a clue what your point is. Then the posts will at least form some kind of logical order and be readable so that others can contribute.

EDIT: Ok there! I don't know what the stats would've been - pretty high I imagine - what's the point? Guys are horny?

I haven’t had time to read it all but with a summary glance I do disagree with the statement men want power to get sex. I think it is more of an ego thing. And with regards men prefer blonds with big breasts I guess I am not the norm as I prefer women with black or brown hair with blue or green eyes and a b+ or c size breasts.