Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lactose-free products

43 posts in this topic

BTW, I have friend who is lactose intolerant and as I was walking down Leipziger Strasse yesterday I went into the "Alnatura" store and found soybased/tofu icecream and other stuff that "lactose challenged" people crave and might not find so easily here in Germany, I of coursed texted my friend who has been going on about need for icecream but could not eat due to lactose... So a tip for other people with lactose intolerance/allergy.

Soya ice cream tastes crap, at least the stuff they sell in Basic Bio. Any nice brands out there? The texture was totally different to cow milk ice cream.

it was tofu icecream and I guess it is better than nothing (Alnatura supermarket is like a normal super market , in offering and size, just Bio so I would not call it basic)... My friend was particularly craving " Tofuline ice cream" but I did not see it, I know they sell it in the UK, it is actually ok even if you are not lactose intolerant. Anyway I just wanted to post info that might helpful for lactose intolerant people out there, because in normal stores in Germany the supply is quite scarce.