I've fallen in love with an au pair from Osnabrück

28 posts in this topic

Why didn't she stay in America?

Is the love even?

As in: shared.

As in reciprocal?

On the other hand, googling a definition of reciprocal love gave me nothing but "christian" sites - so, :rolleyes:

Why didn't she stay in America?

Is the love even?

Because she couldn't. I don't know her but I have a few friends who've been au pairs. You have a visa (J-1), it expires, you have to leave within 30 days (which is called the grace period in which you can travel but not work). The only way around that is to get married (and I know a girl who got married during her au pair year, two years ago, for love of course, not for the visa).

As in reciprocal?

On the other hand, googling a definition of reciprocal love gave me nothing but "christian" sites - so,

Kind of wonder if I am ever close to the right word.

Just go for it, I came to germany as an aupair and now I'm staying on so my new boyfriend can finish school before he moves home with me. I've told him straight up that I couldn't stay in Germany but would be open to the idea of moving back when I have finished studying back home.

Following your heart is a great idea. You guys may stay together or not, but the experience you can tell your grandkids about in 50 years will stay with you and make you a different person.

Go for it and remember everything happens for a reason...

Good luck!