Immigration lawyers, residence visa issues etc.

29 posts in this topic

Here is the contact info for a brilliant immigration lawyer in Berlin. With her help I received a two-year aufenthaltserlaubnis in about a week and a half. Worth every cent.

Katja Ponert

VPMK Rechtsanwaelte Berlin

Monbijouplatz 3a D-10178 Berlin

T: 030 536 33 99 0

www.vpmk.de

I'm applying for a resident visa and may need a good lawyer in Berlin to help me get it. I'm an American in love with a German, so I've got enough problems already (just joking ;) )

Topics merged by admin

I also used Katja Ponert from VPMK Rechtsanwaelte Berlin, not just for immigration because also as a general advisor with business decisions for my press. She is a very relaxed, upfront personality type who plainly gives you the information you need, and is even friendly as well though remaining professional. Great recommendations for her.

Also, although it is not a legal entity, I also sought advice for other things at expath.de, where you can enlist the help of a coach who can take you through the paperwork you need at the Ausländerbehörde, give knowledgeable suggestions, and also help you rule out ideas that are just not going to fly. I spoke with Tia Robinson.

http://www.expath.de

http://www.facebook.com/expath.de

I also hired Albert Rühling and with his expertise and hard work, was able to get a work permit for an internship. Thanks Albert!

His website: www.migration-lawyer.de

Hey there--

I can definitely recommend Albert Rühling:

info@migration-lawyer.de

http://migrationlawyers.jimdo.com/

I had a pretty tricky situation after being denied a visa with my own application (US citizen), so I hired Albert. He is fluent with the immigration system (and English), and was extremely efficient in helping me attain a 6-month artist visa. Would work with him again if I decided to move back!

I contacted Albert Rühling's office for a particularly tricky and unusual situation and the one who responded to me was Jonathan Burmeister. I just met with him and I would strongly advise avoiding him like the plague. This was a guy who hardly seemed to be listening or even interested in my situation. I didn't have the feeling that he was there to advocate for me, but rather to coldly tell me the law. (personally I love factual information but he didn't really seem to have any insight beyond what one could find out from a few minutes with google). Totally unhelpful in every way, and he seemed preoccupied with getting paid. My guess from the posts here is that Albert Rühling himself would have been a much better choice.

I'm also looking for advice on residence permit and taxes.

I got my first two year permit by myself with a combination of trial and error and help from google and TT forums. However I'm not finding the specific information I'm looking for this time around (regarding my odds of getting another 2 year permit when this one expires soon, and how I should be filing taxes).

So I've just called VPMK lawyers in Berlin based on recommendations here. They say they charge 100 Eur for an initial consultation (I assume you can expect to pay more form there). This sounds like a lot to me, then again I'm not in the habit of hiring lawyers.

Can anyone advise how much should you expect to pay for advice on getting things in order for residence permits and taxes?

Also, any additional recommendations for advisers in Berlin would be appreciated.

Thanks and cheers :)

I used VPMK, and, while they did a good job, I wouldn't use them again. I paid 50/60 euros for the first meeting and about 3/400 in total. However, I had to constantly nag them to keep on my case and do things which I felt that they should have been doing without me having to remind them. However, I have found this to be the case with all lawyers I've had to hire, so maybe it's a Germany thing..

In any case, they are very well-known at the Ausländerbehörde, and got the job done.

If I had to hire someone again, I'd personally look for someone who has a smaller work-load and who could pay a little more attention to my case.

That said, these people will answer pretty much every question you might have, and for free, and have even told me there is no point in hiring a lawyer for visa issues/questions, just to come see them in the future:

http://www.berlin.de/lb/intmig/beratung/

Thanks Willowhands that sounds like a great resource. Were they able to speak english at this office? (Or should one plan to bring a translator?)

A follow-up here for anyone who may be interested. I've been to the "Beauftragte für Integration und Migration" last week. They were helpful and I was able to have a one-on-one meeting and ask all of my questions. The usefullness of the visit was somewhat limited for me because the agent spoke very limited english, and my german is not great. Also the wait time was about 3 hrs, but you have have already expected that :)

Overall this could be a good resource for someone who doesn't mind the wait, and just needs a few 'bits' of advice concerning their visa status.

Wow, The longest I've waited there was 20 min, and I've been three times now. Sorry to hear about that.

Hi guys. I have recently successfully received my Blue Card. I am very happy about it and also very pleased that the process was not exhausting and didnt take much time. 

The name of my lawyer is Dr. Jonathan Burmeister. Here is the link to his website http://www.ra-burmeister.de/home 

I randomly choose the lawyer and got lucky, he was absolutely amazing. Guided through the whole process.

Besides that in the beggining I was not given the Blue Card due to curtain issues, I only received permission to work here, however my initial goal was a Blue Card. 

So Dr. Burmeister was kind enough to give it a second try, he managed to resolve all the issues and get me my Blue Card in a very short period of time. (most important no additional charges)

Happy :D

Good day everyone, i really do need help with visa issue. I need my daughter to stay here in Berlin with me from Denmark. My only problem is that i do not work now because of my little baby. And I plan on getting a laywer to help me with this issue. Can i get any help and advice regarding this and which laywer i can get to help me with the case 

any one know what is the critaria of investment visa of Germany for pakistani

what is minimum investment invest here for applying visa

On 17.6.2015, 16:23:32, Ammie May said:

Hi guys. I have recently successfully received my Blue Card. I am very happy about it and also very pleased that the process was not exhausting and didnt take much time. 

The name of my lawyer is Dr. Jonathan Burmeister. Here is the link to his website http://www.ra-burmeister.de/home 

I randomly choose the lawyer and got lucky, he was absolutely amazing. Guided through the whole process.

Besides that in the beggining I was not given the Blue Card due to curtain issues, I only received permission to work here, however my initial goal was a Blue Card. 

So Dr. Burmeister was kind enough to give it a second try, he managed to resolve all the issues and get me my Blue Card in a very short period of time. (most important no additional charges)

Happy :D

wow great i am also intrested in blue card thnx for sharing

best wishes