Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Advice for moving to Braunschweig

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, im soon hopfully to become a German Citizin.

Im 19 years old and live in Australia at the current time, but have plans on moving and living in the Braunschweig area. Before i head off i would like to check out and find some info regarding job vacancies and flat/house vacencies in the area. I have tryed looking for some sites on the internet for job search/retail search for Braunschweig but i havnt had any luck, not as easy as it is in Australia to find lol.

But yes, if anyone could possibly be kind enough to shoot a couple of good sites that have a job search engine for mainly the Braunschweig/Wolfsburg area, and maybe a couple of good retail sites that advertise rental flats/houses and flats/houses for sale aswell.

That would be great guys! Really appreciate the help :)

Regards, Torsten J

Hey Torsten. With that name you are going to fit in just fine in Germany. ;)

So, I can't be of much help with the job search. Lots of people get employment as English teaching assistants at various schools here in the area. Also, there is an Irish Pub in town that likes hiring (native) English speaking staff. Check out www.wild-geese.de. Not sure about current openings though.

As for your apartment search, I am sure you are familiar with the term WG (Wohngemeinschaft) by now - if not, it basically means a shared flat. I would definitely recommend moving into a WG with plenty of other German students around your age or a bit older (you don't find many 19 year olds here that aren't living with their parents). Can you speak German? If so, these links are perfect for your WG search. I am living in my second WG after living in Braunschweig for two years and found both via these websites.

http://www.wg-gesucht.de/wg-zimmer-in-Brau...g.16.0.0.0.html

http://www.studenten-wg.de/angebote_lesen...dt=Braunschweig

Out of curiosity, why Braunschweig?

Good luck.

Hey, thx for the replies! Getting closer to my visa what i might say is going fairly good so far. Yes i can speak alright small talk german (nothing extreme atm). Reading is pretty good, but writing is something i got to work on.

I will have a look at the websites you have given me and check them out.

You ask why Braunschweig, well i was born there ^_^. When i was 3 my parents decided to move to Australia - where i am now old enough to make decisions and Germany has a better culture and atmosphere that suites me so much better than Australia. Also that all my rele's are in the area of Braunschweig, Hannover and Wolfsburg.

Regards, Torsten J

Sounds good, I am sure you are going have a great time here and good luck finding that perfect WG and job.

Hi Torsten,

You will love Braunschweig! I just moved away from there to Hannover, and I miss it already. It is the perfect city... not to small...not to big...but has everything you need, including cool culture.

Enjoy.

Anton