Where to buy homebrew ingredients

89 posts in this topic

My stuff from the states having finally arrived, it still won't feel like home until I can brew my first batch of homebrew. Anybody know where to order ingredients, or better yet, know of a store that sells hops, grain, yeast, etc.? Any other homebrewers here?

Not neccessary in Munich.

Try a new hobby-Beergardening. Tastes great, less wait. :D

if you need anyone to do quality testing let me know :ph34r:

Hausgebraut

now how come I looked that up in Google for you instead of you putting in germany homebrew yourself? Probably to get in on the testing like pablo... I like Hefeweizen please, no damn lemon.

My advise is to go down to your local supermarket and buy a crate of Augustiner Helles. Much better than any homebrew that I have tasted.

@UpQuark...what kind of bier you going to brew? Personally I like India Pale Ales. Sorry, but German bier ain't so good...there, I said it and it feels good.

(puts on flame retardant suit...)

I was just at the plant store (sorry don't know the name) on the East side of the Viktualienmarkt and I saw all sorts of equipment and ingredients for making beer and wine. There was beer yeast and what I think were hops in a big bag. It's all on the second floor.

I love IPA and that's probably the sort of thing that I'll be making. The last stuff I did was an ESB. I've never done a lager, but there's really no point to it here. Ale on the other hand...

Forget what I said, I want to be invited to the homebrew beergarden as well. :D

First post, so hello to you all.

Right - this helles stuff you can get here isn't bad, but it isn't the stuff Im used to - real ales. The answer seems obvious, brew it myself.

Does anyone know if theres a shop in or near munich that sells the stuff needed for getting started brewing your own beer. Things like the malt extract, hops, brewing cannisters, hydrometer, fermentation lock and so on. Theres lots of websites that do it but Id like to go into a shop and look around if I can. Guess its not big business but there might be one, can't find it in the Gelbeseiten though.

Ta

Topics merged by admin

Thanks UA, some new links there, but still nothing in or near Munich. Looks like im going to be ordering on-line. Not a bad thing, i just wanted to go see the stuff before buying it, and talk to someone who has done it before. seems easy enough...

If the results are OK, or at least alcoholic, then I will donate some to a TT do at some point.

Does anyone have any information on this type a thing? Im going to attempt it. The craic will be ninety on keg opening night in the distant distant future

Topics merged by admin

There's a thread about this somewhere (started by me). I still haven't picked up any homebrew supplies in Germany yet. I did it a couple of times in the states with fairly good results. Would love to keep it up.

Why would you want to do this? - to do it properly the equipment is expensive, and the results mediocre to say the least. If we were in Saudi, or even UK, where beer is restricted or prices are high, I could understand it, but here in the beer capital of Europe (the world?) where a pint/half litre of good beer costs 50cents, and crap beer can be had for 30cents or less what does it bring you?...

YL6 (hic!)