Social organisation!

21 posts in this topic

well the social organisation has got pretty non-existent of late.. so I thought it was about time some decent info was posted!

Starting this week there is the Hamburger Fish market 5 - 15th on the Karlsplatz in Stuttgart, worth a visit if you are in the Stuttgart area

In 2 weekends time Fri 20/ Sat 21 July there is a very decent street festival in the bohnenviertel ( bean quarter ). I went 2 years ago and it was really good. Some bands, dj's and lots of different food and drink. Predominantly a young crowd, I guess around 5000 people and it is completely free! http://www.das-bohnenviertelfest.de/ something unique to Stuttgart. If there are some people interested in meeting up I will try and get group of us who know each other here in Stuttgart and we can all meet up + anyone who wants to come from outside Stuttgart ??

The following week from the Bohnenfest there is the Henkersfest just up the road on the Wilhelmsplatz. This is an open air band fest that runs for 4 days. Music isn't always of the highest quality but again worth a visit if you are in Stuttgart.

Also for anyone that had missed it the ( World famous ) Stuttagrt Jazz Open runs from Sunday this weekend for about 10 days, highlights next week include Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone and Steely Dan. www.jazzopen.com

more information to follow when I have time...

yeh, that is what I am suggesting since it is over 2 months since the last. There are a few of us here in Stuttgart who keep in touch but we haven't really been meeting anyone 'new' lately, so it is about time!

I'd be absolutely interested in a meetup! I'm new here and would love to meet some fellow English speakers :D

ok, I will get to work and try and round-up some interest amongst people I know here and we'll give it a few days to see who is interested from the board.

I'm suggesting Saturday 21st for the Bohnenfest, who's here then?

the planning in advance thing kindof increases with age mate! Two weeks is pretty soon for one of these things, although there are people round here who like to organise everything 3 months in advance.. :ph34r: shall I remind you on the Friday? :)

How about a meet up mid week ?

I have the joy of flying in every Monday, but being allowed to escape to London on Friday.

Would like to meet up with you guys. The highlight of my time here is the Karoke at the Irish Pub on Sophiestrasse. "Viva Colina"

Can you see my email or do I post it ?

I'm in!

Far be it from my level of organization to actually plan something, but I'll happily attend! I already know Serene from another TT meet-up, but I'm looking forward to meeting some other people around here too...

The obligatory mini-bio: I'm 29, an engineer with DaimlerChrysler on temporary assignment for the year to our Sindelfingen plant, but normally based in San Francsico. I love traveling (and hence this assignment ;)), good food, drinks, company, and adrenaline-inducing activities (recent obsessions including the autobahn, flying and windsurfing).

Chris

we are still on for Saturday, I have around 10 names, weather forecast is reasonable! I will send some ideas about where to meet Friday, so Pm me if you are interested. Will probably meet around 7.30

regards

Jdee

I'm interested in anything on just about any day, though my schedule usually isn't set that far in advance.

the planning in advance thing kindof increases with age mate! Two weeks is pretty soon for one of these things, although there are people round here who like to organise everything 3 months in advance.. shall I remind you on the Friday?

Like I said, my schedule usually isn't set that far in advance, and as it turns out, I'll be in Munich this weekend on future-employment-related business. Sorry I can't make it; I'm sure you'll manage to survive without me. :)

apparently not everyone got mails about where and when, so I'll post it here!

Outside Bar Amadeus, main entrance near Charlottenplatz at 7pm!

and my map is rubbish, it should be pointing to roughly where it says Charlottenplatz...

It was a blast! Had a great time altogether!

Thanks for the organising and see you at the next one!

Is anybody going to Henkersfest tonight? I may check it out during the latter half of the evening...