Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ice hockey games in Munich (EHC München)

418 posts in this topic

was hoping to make it to this, but i won't be able to :(

hopefully some other time. have a great time!

Wow that was good fun! What happened to you Poots? We need to know what they are chanting and when :) Next game is sadly when I have agreed to do a 5.8k walk. Maybe the one after that...

Definitely a fun Sunday activity. Fans a lot like the FC Bayern fans, taken up a notch (sort of like Ajax fans without all the profanity). The playing was more like good high school/bad college quality but, hey, hockey is hockey - take it where you can! ;)

Where was everybody? :( Only 4 of us showed up to enjoy the standing section.

We saw a decent game yesterday, EHC München winning with a shutout!

Very sparse crowd, but still loud enough to shake the rafters :) .

I think Tom17 got some pictures? :unsure:

Looking forward to the next one!

That was great! My first ever Ice Hockey game - in fact my first ever anything-game so the whole atmosphere was a bit new to me. Quite fun shouting out Munchen - SECHS!!! - Straubing - NULL!!! - Danke - BITTE!!!

Oh and the Hockey was great too. Now I just have to go see this violence I hear of in the NHL etc...

I could get into this :)

And Poots, hope you get well soon so you don't miss too much Hockey! :)

Hopefully I can make the next game in 2 weeks. It should be much closer than yesterdays game since they're playing a good DEL club. Too bad Brearley isn't playing this year...shite.

I wont make the next one as I will be doing a walking version of the charity run (5.8km). Shame as I liked the first ever hockey game I have been to and want to go to more!

Shame about the €11.50 pricing though, my physiotherapist says it was €8 last year. I will DEFO be at more though!!

did anyone go today??

EHC München 5 - Koln 2

WOO HOOO

Thats my excitement over with for now

P

Nope. Forgot aboot it. How did they manage to beat Köln?? Huh?? Bring on Hamburg!! :)

Next 3 home games (I'll archive the thread when I get chance)

Sonntag 23.10.2005 18:30 EHC München - Landshut Cannibals

Dienstag 25.10.2005 20:00 EHC München - Hamburg Freezers

Freitag 28.10.2005 20:00 EHC München - Die Wölfe

Tuesday 25th - oh my god thats going to be a very bitter game. For those that dont know, The company who owned the old munich team - The Munich Barons, closed the team down and moved the franchise to Hamburg. If you wanna see pure hatred from fans and on the ice, I would recommend the game on the 25th.

I'm not sure if I can go or not, it depends on dates and dr visits etc.

FYI - Munich won tonight 5-3 :)

Is anyone going to the game on the 25th? (tues)

My gf and I are going...(standing)...we could meet up for the game?

I think we are going to come along too...can't pass up a bitter game ;) Will be nice to see Poots as well!

Err. May be, if you wanna get somewhere decent to stand. this game is gonna be rammed ;)

Other plan is maybe some poeple can go earlier and keep some places as long as its not too many people

wendy/tom - you gonna stand or sit?

I liked standing last time cos its cheaper but it was fun too :) But if anyone is up for sitting we can do that.. Might be a bit more civilised in the seated area if its a busy game(no idea). Maybe a civil environment isn't what you want at a hockey game :)

So basically, we's cool either way.

Standing is the way to go. You can really hurl the abuse from there...

oh I'm looking forward to this :)

we're standing...could try to make it a lil earlier...hrmmm, could call you when we're close maybe? See, we're driving from Seefeld (45min drive?) so we're guessing on traffic, etc. ...We know we can make it at 1930...any earlier and it's a "maybe"