Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ice hockey games in Munich (EHC München)

418 posts in this topic

Sorry I couldn't go to the game :(, but I hope be there for the next one.

How was the game? we win?

Please tell me the date and I see you there?

Thanks

We won 6-1. Great performance, and followed it up with a 4-3 win in Düsseldorf on Sunday.

All remaining home league fixtures are in my post above.

Assuming we qualify, play-off games will follow the league games, but obviously there are no dates set yet.

Thanks again, I didn't look the dates.

This friday I will be in UK for the weekend, the next one on 28 Jan I definitely be there :D

And it is the Derby so this going to be very interesting :D

See you and good luck the next game! :D

PD: where I can buy the T-shirt of the team?

Next home game is tonight at 19:30

Its the final run into the playoffs. Theres a pre-qualification round for the playoffs for the teams who finish 7, 8, 9 & 10

EHC München need to finish 6th in the league to avoid the pre-qualification (we're not talking about anything worse right now)

Table currently looks like this

Pl. Team Sp. Pkt.

1. Wolfsburg 44 86

2. Berlin 45 80

3. Krefeld 45 75

4. Düsseldorf 42 71

5. München 45 67

6. Nürnberg 44 66

7. Ingolstadt 43 64

8. Mannheim 44 64

9. Straubing 45 61

10. Hannover 43 61

11. Iserlohn 45 60

12. Hamburg 44 57

13. Augsburg 43 56

14. Köln 44 56

Good entertaining penultimate game of the season last night, with EHC coming away with a 4-3 overtime win against Mannheim thanks to a shorthanded winner 21 seconds into the extra period. An excellent result against a team boasting no fewer than 7 ex-NHL'ers to go along with several German internationals.

Just 1 home league fixture left now to be played on 13th March @14:30. It's a derby game against Ingolstadt with both teams battling for prime play-off spots.

Team GP Pkt.

1. Wolfsburg 47 89

2. Berlin 47 80

3. Düsseldorf 45 80

4. Krefeld 48 79

5. München 48 71

6. Ingolstadt 46 70

----------------------------

7. Nürnberg 46 69

8. Mannheim 47 68

9. Hannover 46 67

10. Köln 47 64

----------------------------

11. Straubing 48 64

12. Iserlohn 47 63

13. Augsburg 46 60

14. Hamburg 46 57

Top 6 qualify for the main round of the playoffs

Places 7-10 play qualification matches. 7 v. 10, 8 v.9 over a series of games.

Hopefully EHC will stay in the top 6, but it's all very tight and the teams just below have games in hand. We should at least be in the playoff qualifiers though so there will more than likely be more games after the last regular season game.

anyone going to the EHC game in Augsburg tomorrow? My friend has the grippe and cant go and i don't want to go alone..soooo i'm hoping to find some people i can tag along with :D

I've never been to an ice hockey match in my life but I did become slightly addicted to it during the last winter olympics! And while I'm here in a country where people actually play it, I'd love to catch a spiel!

What's the deal, do you guys meet up before the game and get seats together or is this just a thread where fans chat together? Cos I suppose I'm not exactly a fan (yet...)

Is it hard to get tickets to the games? - I'd love to go to the one on the 13th, sounds like good fun!

EHC München lost last night, and ended up 8th in the table at the end of their first season in the DEL.

No other freshly promoted team has ever done so well in their inaugural season. EHC München deserve a massive round of applause. There was even free beer last night after the game to celebrate!

The bad news is they have to now go into the pre-playoffs against Koln before entering the final eight.

Faceoff for game #1 is Wednesday night at 19:30. I guess it being a wednesday night, should be a bit easier to get tickets than a normal sunday - if you want to come see a game, nows the perfect time.

Poots

So, 1st game of the preplays was a long one. Game got decided in the third period of OT - over 110mins of game play. EHC lost to Koln.

EHC were 3-2 up until around the 58th minute, when the EHC stupid **** of a goalie decided to knock the net off giving Koln a penalty shot 3-3

Sky DE Game Report

EHC have to win tonight in Koln to force game #3 back in munich on Sunday. If they lose, then its playoffs over and everyone can get to the golf course.

Fingers crossed for tonight

Poots

A draw is not an option tonight. Its overtime until theres a winner! (same as wednesday night)

if we win we play here again on sunday..if not the guys get a much needed summer vacay :D

oh..which is pretty much what pootle wrote a few posts up :D

And its done.

EHC lost this evening 3-4 in Koln and with it ended their playoff dreams.

But finishing eight for a first season in the DEL is fantastic! Top Marks to EHC München for a fantastic season.

Looking forward to the restart in September.

Poots

3-4?!? seriously?!?! wow the last i checked was in the 52nd minute and it was 1-4... ahhh crap if only we had another 5 min!!! it seems we do well under pressure :D naja...was an awesome season despite so many injured players..next year we make it all the way :D

The team is slowly starting to get put together...

Nice new goalie in Reimer, but why keep Elwing around? Get 2 new goalies.

Nice touch that they will retire #29 at the start of the season too.

Poots

Sorry for off topic question, but hope you (hockey fans) can help. I'm off the ice since 1st of April and already dying to get back. I'm really looking for a team to play ice hockey in. Can anyone recommend a team here in Munich or near by. I wonder if amateur teams have summer camps or training camps as one has to prepare for the season.

Thanks in advance,

Martin